What an incredibly tasty and colourful looking dish. Our mouths are watering over here, we just want to dive right into that fresh bowl of ingredients. Most of the time spent on this dish is the prep and if you wanted to add a big of grilled chicken or fish, then the cooking time will increase. It’s a gorgeous and delicious dish for Summer and we think would go very nicely with a nice cold glass of wine.
How many does it serve? 4 as a side
What is the prep time? 20 minutes
What is the cooking time? 5 minutes
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
What you need:
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 110g pack fine asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces 300g frozen or fresh petits pois
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 60g pea shoot
What you do:
- To make the dressing, whisk the tarragon, shallot, mustard and lemon zest and juice together. Season and gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then add the asparagus pieces and petits pois. When the water has come back to the boil, drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Combine the dressing with the vegetables, cucumber, lentils and pea shoots. Serve as a light lunch, or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Waitrose