This colourful medley of crunchy vegetables makes great side for all sorts of summer dishes.
How many does it serve? 4 as a side
What is the prep time? 25 minutes
What is the cooking time? 4-6 minutes
Suitable for: Vegetarian
What you need:
- 100g fresh podded peas
- 250g pack chicory
- ½ cucumber
- ½ x 200g pack radishes
- 2 ripe avocados
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp light honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
What you do:
- Blanch the peas in a large pan of boiling water for 1 minute, then refresh under cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Trim the chicory and separate the leaves. Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then slice thinly. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice the radishes. Halve the avocados and remove the stones and skin. Cut the flesh into slices then toss into a bowl with the lemon zest and juice.
- Warm a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the poppy seeds and toast for about 2–3 minutes or until starting to pop. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard together until thick, then add the toasted poppy seeds and some seasoning. Gently toss all of the vegetables in the dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Waitrose