Another cracker of a recipe from Chef, Day Radley. If you like chocolate and you like doughnuts but are looking for Gluten Free, then this is the perfect recipe for you. Enjoy!
Makes 12 mini doughnuts.
- 40g tapioca flour
- 60g rice flour
- 40g sprouted buckwheat flour
- 2t baking powder
- 3T + 1T coconut sugar
- ¼ cup rapeseed or sunflower oil + 2t for oiling the pan
- ½ cup rice milk
You will need a mini doughnut pan for this recipe. Oil the pan by pouring a little oil into each recess and tipping the pan so that all of it is oiled well. If the pan is not oiled well it will be very hard to scrape the doughnuts out! If you do not eat all of the doughnuts immediately and they cool down they can be warmed up in a microwave for a short time or in the oven if covered in foil. They are heavenly when warm!!!
- Oil the doughnut pan
- Heat your oven to 200c / 400f
- Mix the flours, baking powder and 3T of the sugar in a large bowl
- Add the oil and milk
- Stir well with a large spoon, pour into your doughnut pan
- Bake for 15-20 mins until they are golden brown, this is a good time to make your sauce.
- Put the remaining 1T coconut sugar onto a plate
- Once the doughnuts are cool enough to handle but still warm put each one into the sugar.
- Press down slightly and then turn over and do the same on that side
Dark chocolate sauce
- 6T unsweetened dairy free milk
- 3T raw cacao powder
- 3T rice syrup or a similar syrup
- 1/2t vanilla essence
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan, heat gently on a medium heat.
- Once it starts to bubble mix with a wooden spoon.
- It will start to thicken, once this happens keep mixing it and turn down the heat.
- You can keep it warm on a very low heat, stirring occasionally until you have finished the doughnuts.
- Pour it into a small bowl, serve with the warm doughnuts.
Check out these other delicious recipes by Day Radley:
Spring Recipes: Leek, Sage and White Bean Soup by Day Radley
Day Radley will be appearing at VeggieWorld London. Visit www.veggieworld.uk for tickets.