What a colourful way to have your oats. Bursting with berry goodness, nuts and fresh mint this is a fabulous way to spruce up your breakfast and start your day with something a little different.
How many does it serve? 2
What you need:
- 50g Flahavan’s Irish Organic Porridge Oats
- 300ml oat milk
- 1 large pre-cooked vacuum-packed beetroot
- 70g frozen mixed berries
- A handful of red frozen berries
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Finely-sliced baby candy cane beetroot
- Handful of pistachios
- Fresh mint
What you do:
- Put the milk, beetroot and frozen berries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the Flahavan’s Irish Organic Porridge Oats and the milk mixture in a medium-sized pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a low temperature.
- Continue cooking, stirring the porridge regularly for 10-12 minutes to develop a creamy consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate frozen berries and finely-sliced candy cane beetroot. Adding a handful of pistachios, a couple of springs of mint and a drizzle of maple syrup to finish.