Eggs are a cheap source of what is known as a complete protein as they contain all nine essential amino acids. They also contain many more important nutrients.
Omelettes are simple to make and easy to digest too. Add grated cheese before you fold the omelette in half and add in any leftover ingredients like cooked chicken, ham, mushrooms, onions peppers etc before the omelette is cooked.
Approx total cost: £2.92 or 73p per portion*
Total time: 35 minutes
- 8 medium eggs
- 60mls milk (optional)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 100g cheese (grated)
- Make each omelette by whisking lightly 2 eggs, a pinch of seasoning and half tablespoon of milk
- Heat the pan, melt a quarter of the butter and pour in a quarter of the egg mix
- Stir gently in pan until egg is nearly cooked, add a quarter of the cheese, leave to melt for a few minutes
- Finish cooking under grill or in pre-heated oven for three minutes
- Fold omelette in half and slide onto a warm plate
- Serve with a green salad
- Repeat 3 times
*(prices correct at time of publication – supermarket prices and offers may vary)