Recipe tip: this recipe serves four and is a great easy to prepare, healthy meal that the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 Medium onion dice
- 1 Cup left-over cooked veg such as broccoli/carrots/spinach /peas
- 3 Large eggs
- ½ Cup self-raising flour
- ¼ Tsp salt
- 1 Cup non-fat milk
- 2 Cups grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch fairly deep pie dish/casserole dish (this recipe will rise).
- In a medium frying pan, cook diced onion with a bit of vegetable or olive oil from your store cupboard over medium-high heat until translucent and tender. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, and salt.
- Then fold in onion, veg and grated cheese.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 40 minutes in the middle of the oven or until centre is set and the top is golden brown (test middle with a knife that should come out clean).
- Leave for 5 minutes then slice and serve with green salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.