This typical Mediterranean dish is not only delicious and refreshing it also has huge health benefits. Olives especially are known to have excellent anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties and helps bone density. We should all be encouraged to eat olives regularly.
Approx cost: £4.39 or £1.09 oer portion
Total time: 20mins
- 1 Lettuce (washed and dried)
- 4 Tomatoes (washed and Cut in wedges)
- 0.50 Cucumber (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (peeled and sliced thinly)
- 1 Sweet red pepper (washed, de- seeded and sliced)
- 200 g Feta Cheese (Cubed )
- 24 Olives (drained)
- Easy peasy, prepare all the ingredients ready to go (this process is called ‘mise en place’ if you want to cook like a chef!)
- Arrange all the ingredients on one large plate, let everyone help themselves.
- Serve with a dressing of your choice in a jug on the side or dribble with flavoured olive oil..
- Feta Cheese is made from sheep or goats milk. Any semi hard or hard cheese can be used instead.