A family favourite in many households, this dish is so tasty and bursting with flavour.
A warming and filling meal for dinner times, why not add a dollop of soured cream and fresh parsley to serve. Yum!
If your’e feeling daring, add in a few prawns too.
How many does it serve? 4
What is the prep time? 5 mins
What is the cooking time? 30 mins
What you need:
- 1 tsp. sunflower oil
- 100g chorizo sausage, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 225g easy cook long grain rice
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 250g bottle Newman’s Own Spicy Cajun Sauce
- 1 red and green pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 50g frozen peas
- 150g cooked peeled prawns
- 6 spring onions, chopped
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or saucepan, with a lid. Add the chorizo and onion cook for 2-3 minutes, until the paprika oil is released.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned on all sides. Stir in the rice to coat in the paprika oil.
- Add 450 ml of stock and the Cajun sauce. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers, peas and spring onions, (reserving a few onions for garnish) and remaining stock. Stir well then cover and cook, for a further 8-10 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the prawns and heat through, then serve garnished with the remaining spring onions.
Recipe provided to MyFamilyClub by Newman’s Own