These refreshing fish fillets can be served between two halves of toasted whole-wheat buns topped with salad and tartare sauce – yummy, healthy and quick.
Approx price: £2.33 or 58p per portion*
Total time: 30 mins
- 4 large white fish (fillets)
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 5g butter (1 teaspoon)
- Place the fish in a dish. Zest and juice 1 of the lemons. Cut the other lemon into wedges. Marinade the fish with the lemon zest and juice for 10 – 20 minutes only.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle for 1-3 minutes. Add the butter and oil, heat for a further 30 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Drain the fish on kitchen paper, remove the zest from the surface of the fish. Dip in flour, shake well to remove excess flour. Flour should be barely visible on the fish.
- Place the fish fillets presentation down onto the hot pan. Fry without moving for approx. 3 – 4 minutes on each side for very flat fish like plaice and 4-5 minutes for thicker cuts like halibut.
- Drain on kitchen paper, once cooked. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Flour makes a delicious crustier surface, omit if you prefer a softer surface.
*(prices correct at time of publication – supermarket prices and offers may vary)