This is one of my very favourite meat-free recipes. Basically the tomato sauce is mixed with the hot pasta, covered in any grated cheese and placed in the oven or under the grill to melt.
Approx price: £1.25 or 31p per portion
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 500 mls vegetable stock
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 200 g pasta
- 100 g cheese (eg parmesan approx)
- 0.5 tsp cracked black pepper
- Place all the ingredients except for the pasta and cheese into a saucepan. Bring to boil
- Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the onion has cooked.
- Taste and season if required.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking, place the pasta to cook in lightly salted boiling water for 15 -20 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add the tomato sauce to the pasta. Stir. Place on warm plates, sprinkle with pepper and cheese.
- Serve with salad etc.