Make your own pizza as Chef Day Radley shows you how. Of course, you can add extra toppings. Yum! and we are sure the kids will love making theirs. Did we mention it’s gluten free?
Why not have a mini pizza making party and make the most of the veg this season?
- 1c gram flour
- 1c water
- 1/2t salt
- 300g Passata
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- Basil leaves
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- Few asparagus
- 1 leek
- 1 courgette
- Few mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200c
- In a jug mix the flour, water and salt with a fork. Leave to rest for a few minutes
- Put a baking sheet on a large baking tray. Pour the flour mixture onto the paper, try to make it a round pizza shape but it’s not a problem if you can’t.
- Put this in the oven whilst you prepare the toppings. This should take 10-15 minutes, the edges will be starting to brown.
- In a bowl mix the passata with the nutritional yeast. Grate the garlic i to this, shred or tear the basil and add that too.
- Using your peeler shred the fennel, just a handful will suffice. Put into a large bowl.
- Chop about 2 inches off the bottom end of the asparagus. Roughly chop at a diagonal angle. Add to the bowl.
- Finely slice the leek. Add to the bowl.
- Cut the top and bottom off the courgettes. Using the peeler shred into wide thin pieces.
- Add to the bowl.
- Finely slice the mushrooms but do not put these in the bowl yet.
- Add a splash of olive oil and a dash of salt to the bowl. Using your hands mix this well and massage the oil into the veg. Now add the mushrooms and mix just a little.
- Take your base out of the oven if you haven’t already. Turn the oven up to 240c.
- Top with the passata, use however much you want, some people like a lot and some people like a little, it’s up to you.
- Top with the veg.
- Put the pizza on the top shelf of the oven. After 10 minutes check the pizza, the veg should be starting to brown, bake more if needed.
Day Radley will be appearing at VeggieWorld London. Visit www.veggieworld.uk for tickets