As a family we all like to feel connected wherever we are. But what if we could connect without the huge price tag? MyFamilyClub has teamed up with BT to bring you some fantastic savings and discounted offers on BT broadband packages.
We all love a bargain, and our friends at BT are offering a special introductory price that means you get six months' free BT broadband and a £25 Sainsbury's gift card.
Plus they’ve got some amazing packages that include internet security for the family as well as TV packages.
Cheapest BT broadband and phone deals
Getting onto the internet is a necessity for most of us, so if there are any savings to be made then it’s always a bonus. As a new customer to BT, for the first six months you can enjoy broadband and evening and weekend calls for nothing.
You’d need to pay a line rental (starts from £10.75 a month) and to sign up for an 18 month contract, and after the initial six months your monthly fee will come to £13. Included in the deal is a £25 Sainsbury’s voucher plus:
- BT Home Hub – a wireless router for access to the internet with a reliable connection
- BT family protection – giving you the option to set security and parental controls to keep your family safe
- Unlimited free WiFi minutes – gives you the ability to connect to the internet at over 3.5 million hotspots around the country
- 10GB usage – this is your monthly download limit, ideal for general, non-heavy usage
- Up to 16MB download speed
Unlimited calls and extras for £13 a month
If you don’t want to sign up for 18 months, get all the above on a 12 month contract for £13 a month. You’ll also get anytime calls, plus a £25 Sainsbury’s gift card and free unlimited UK calls of up to an hour at a time for a year. Phew! So after a hard day of looking after the kids you can catch up with friends and family without the worry of how much it’s costing you.
Discounts on TV packages
BT Vision is the uSwitch award winning television service that gives you all your Freeview TV and radio channels with their nifty box. You can pause, rewind and control what you watch, when you want to watch it. Catch up on the last seven days of TV and never miss your favourite TV shows. Just think… you’ll never miss an episode of Downtown Abbey again!
Store up to 80 hours of TV on your Vision+ box and get thousands of shows on demand, ranging from blockbusters and kids shows, to sport and music videos. Plus all the popular kids’ channels are included for all ages and without the ads.
There are two types of BT Vision package to choose from depending on how you like to relax in front of the box. You can either get the basic BT Vision TV Essential package or the BT Vision TV Unlimited.
BT Vision TV Essential
TV Essential is a great basic TV package if you want to get all your Freeview channels but only have the need to access TV on demand now and again. You only have to pay for your on demand TV shows as and when you want to watch them.
Add on BT Vision to your broadband package for an extra £4 a month and you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits while your purse reaps the rewards. Simply click the ‘Add TV from £4/mth’ box. You’d need to sign up for a minimum of 12 months and after six months you’ll be paying the regular fee of £17 a month. Included in the deal you’ll get:
- 70 Freeview channels and Catch-up TV
- Free vision and digital box so you can pause, rewind and record
- Access to on demand TV just 50p a show
- Free BBC iPlayer
- The option of adding Sky Sport 1 & Sky Sports 2 for an extra £18.20 a month
BT Vision TV Unlimited
For an extra £12.50 a month for the first six months of a 12 month contract you can indulge with BT Vision TV Unlimited. This is inclusive of all the above except you will have unlimited access to on demand content such as Vision Kids, Film Club, and more plus free ESPN to keep the hubbie happy. This makes the total for your broadband, calls and TV Unlimited £12.50, going up to £25.50 after six months.
Internet security gives you the peace of mind you need so your whole family can surf the web safely. You can get complete security protection with BT NetProtect Plus and BT Family Protection. This gives you the control to block certain websites, set time limits, and more, along with anti-spam, anti-virus and firewall protection.
You can add BT NetProtect Plus to any of the BT broadband packages with 10GB of usage for just £3.49 a month, and the first three months are absolutely free. However, do remember if you’re a Mac user you won’t be able to install Family Protection.
Upgrade to the 40GB internet usage or unlimited and you’ll get it all for free.
The small print
- For any broadband or phone deal, you’d need to pay a basic line rental starts from £10.75 a month
- TV Essential is a minimum 12 month contract and £40 activation fee
- TV Unlimited is a 12 month contract and there is a £40 activation fee that also requires a BT Broadband connection
- With all broadband packages for customers new to BT Broadband there is a £6.95 delivery charge.