Alton Towers is one of the biggest and best theme parks in the UK, with thrills and spills the whole family can enjoy. Here, we take a look at where you can get the best Alton Towers offers 2014.
The resort encompasses two hotels and a waterpark, as well as the theme park itself, and includes flagship rides like Nemesis, Oblivion and Air. Plus in February, you can meet Moshi Monsters at the Alton Towers resort, including Dr Strangeglove and Buster Bumblechops, as well as enjoy the Great Moshling Egg Trail Quiz AND get the kids exclusive Moshling goodies and collectible figures! It all makes for a family break in 2014 never to be forgotten – and it needn’t be as pricey as you think.
Alton Towers short breaks 2014
Alton Towers has so much to do in 2014, you can't possibly see everything in just one day. So why not make a break of it?
With a magical overnight stay, you get to go into the park a FULL HOUR before it opens its gates to the public, so you can hit the rides with a bare minimum of queuing or fuss.
What's more, you get more for your money with a short break - in fact, you can save up to 21% on your Alton Towers tickets (see deal below).
Plus the Alton Towers hotels and restaurants are excellent, with their brilliant themed rooms (everything from 'Moon Voyage' to 'Arabian Nights' themes!)
Get the best Alton Towers offers for 2014 below.
Up to 21% OFF Alton Towers family ticket and hotel deals
Fancy a go at the world's first 14 loop rollercoaster - The Smiler - or maybe a go on the wacky indoor waterpark's brilliant slides? Try it all with Alton Towers offers that include one day and two day passes for less.
Benefits of booking this Alton Tower offer 2014 with Superbreak:
- Book a discount 1 day pass with hotel and ticket package deal - 21% OFF
- Book a discount 2 day pass with hotel and ticket package deal - 14% OFF
- Prices include all taxes
- NO booking fees or credit card fees
- Winner of the Best UK Tour Operator 2013
Alton Towers ticket deals
Massive 25% savings on 1 day tickets when you buy 7 days in advance
It's definitely worth ordering your tickets online beforehand if you want to get the best Alton Towers offers in 2014 - including meeting the Moshi Monsters in February half term.
Get organised early and benefit from 25% OFF tickets when you buy direct from Alton Towers 7 days in advance.
- 25% OFF adult tickets when you buy online 7 days in advance
- 20% OFF child tickets when you buy online 7 days in advance
- 20% OFF family tickets when you buy online 7 days in advance
Left things too late? You can still get up to 32% OFF per person when you buy tickets between 2-6 days in advance. Don't leave it too late though! You'll pay the full gate price if you leave it until the day before.
- 32% OFF adult tickets when you buy online between 2-6 days in advance
- 32% OFF child tickets when you buy online between 2-6 days in advance
- 32% OFF family tickets when you buy online between 2-6 days in advance
If you just want to kick back and relax, you can book an Alton Towers Caribbean break as the ultimate treat. Enjoy entertainment all the way from the Caribbean, a visit to the waterpark, a visit to the amazing Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE, and an overnight stay and breakfast. These breaks are available from £27.50 per person, based on four sharing.
Cheap hotels near Alton Towers
It can work out cheaper to stay in a local hotel that’s not part of Alton Towers Resort. Several budget hotels have branches nearby, and are currently running great discounts on rooms. For example:
Premier Inns near Alton Towers - rooms from only £29 per night
With rooms from just £29 per night, Premier Inns are fantastic value for money - they're clean, cheap, have good customer service - and do great value breakfasts, too!
- More than 10 Premier Inn Hotels within 25 miles of Alton Towers (Uttoxeter, Stoke/Trentham Gardens, Stafford North (Spitfire), Stafford North (Hurricaine), Newcastle Under Lyme, Rugeley, Derby East, Burton on Trent East, Macclesfield South West, Derby West and Macclesfield North)
Premier Inns are a great choice for families:
- They offer spacious family rooms at no extra cost
- Under 16s can stay and eat breakfast for FREE*
- Full dedicated children's menu at Premier Inn restaurants
- Many Premier Inns offer free kids' activity packs - ask at reception
- To find the nearest Premier Inn do a postcode search for 'ST10 4DB' (the Alton Towers postcode)
All of this from only £29 per night!
* Up to 2 children (under 16) eat breakfast for FREE with every adult Premier breakfast that is ordered
Travelodge near Alton Towers from only £25 per night
Travelodge are super cheap and family friendly, close by, easy to book, and they provide everything you need for a good night's sleep all from just £25 a room.
Travelodges near Alton Towers include:
- Rooms from only £25
- 5 hotels less than 16 miles away from Alton Towers (Asbourne, Stoke-on-Trent Trentham, Stafford M6, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stafford Central)
- To find the nearest Travelodge simply search for the postcode 'ST10 4DB' (the Alton Towers postcode)
How to get to Alton Towers
It’s easy to get to Alton Towers by either road or public transport.
Driving to Alton Towers
The resort is between the M1 and the M6. Enter the resort’s postcode (ST10 4DB) into the AA Route Planner tool to find the best way to get there from where you live.
Trains to Alton Towers - up to 80% OFF tickets with Train Genius
The train stations nearest to the Resort are Stoke-on-Trent, Derby and Uttoxeter. The Alton Towers Transport team runs a number of bus services designed to connect with incoming train services from popular destinations.
Nearest train stations to Alton Towers are:
- Uttoxeter - 10 miles
- Stoke-on-Trent - 15 miles
- Derby Railway Station - 22 miles
If you do plan on travelling to Alton Towers by train, book your tickets well in advance to secure the best cheap train ticket offers.
Train Genius offers savings of as much as 80% or more compared to buying your tickets on the day. Other benefits of booking with them include:
- Huge savings by booking up to 12 weeks in advance.
- Further savings of 30% and more by using Railcards.
- Free seat reservation on selected journeys.
- NO FEES for using debit cards.
Coaches to Alton Towers
National Express have teamed up with local bus companies to provide transfers to Alton Towers from places like Nottingham and Stoke-on-Trent.
In fact, you can book journeys direct with National Express from all destinations serviced by them.
Prices start from only:
- Manchester - £11
- Birmingham - £13.60
- London - £17.30
Alton Towers February 2014 half-term opening hours
Alton Towers is open for the February half-term, between 15 -23 February 2014 (from 10am-4pm).
The park then closes again until it reopens 22 March 2014.
NEW Attractions for 2014 - CBeebies Land!
The first ever CBeebies Land opens at Alton Towers from 24 May, 2014. It will combine live entertainment, rides and attractions for little ones and young families to enjoy.
- Big fun showtime - the heart of CBeebies Land is buzzing with entertainment and events where you can meet and interact with kids' favourites - Mike the Knight, Nina and the Neurons, In the Night Garden and The ZingZillas.
- Postman Pat's Parcel Post - This fun interactive attraction lets kids help Postman Pat with his Special Delivery Service. Kids can take control of his delivery route through Greendale so the villagers receive their parcels on time.
- Get Set Go Tree Top Adventure - This fun ride is a great place to begin the day at CBeebies Land. Get a tree-top view as you travel high in your own vehicle and enjoy imaginative play together.
- Justin's House Pie-O-Matic Factory - There are no rules with this fun factory of chaos! Go wild and try and get the cherries on top of the custard pies!
- Nina's Science Lab - Get your science on as Nina and her Neurons demonstrate how they control our five sense. Explore and discover!
- In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride - Get on board with this magical boat ride where you'll be able to spot all their favourite characters from Igglepiggle to Upsy Daisy and the Tombliboos, everyone is there to find.
- Mr Bloom's Allotment - Got some willing Tiddlers? Help out with the gardening at Mr Bloom's Allotment and give Mr Blossom a hand - sing the Veggies to sleep and feed Compo.
- Something Special Sensory Garden - Go on a sensory trail and look out for objects throughout the woodland and garden area. This attraction is supported by Makaton signage designed to help kids with language development.
- Tree Fu Tom Training Camp - Have you got the moves? Put your skills to the test and join Tom and friends on an amazing new adventure. Learn moves and complete your training with this fun play area.
- Other attractions include The Numtums, Charlie and Lola's Moonsquirters & Greendrops and CBeebies Photo Studio.
More cheap theme park tickets
We don't just have the best Alton Towers offers - we’ve also unearthed some great deals and discounts at other theme parks and attractions!
So it's theme park adventure you're after, we've got the latest deals from Thorpe Park, as well as deals and offers at Chessington World of Adventures.