If you’re looking for cheap tickets to London Zoo, you can get some great offers if you know where to look. Take a look through our article and we’ll show you how to nab exclusive extra discounts with the best deals available online.
London Zoo is easily one of the most impressive zoos in the world. The sprawling animal sanctuary at Regent’s Park is home to exotic animals from all corners of the globe, many of whom are now highly endangered. Pick up your cheap tickets to London Zoo and you’ll meet over 170 spectacular species – everything from proud lions and wise gorillas to cheeky giraffes, penguins, meerkats and more!
- Cheap London Zoo tickets – up to 25% OFF
- Meet the Animals – London Zoo Experience Days
- London Zoo combination tickets – up to 30% OFF London Zoo + other top attractions
- Cheap hotels near London Zoo – hotel rooms from £35
- Getting to London Zoo
- Top attractions at London Zoo
- London Zoo opening times 2015
Cheap tickets to London Zoo – up to 25% off and more!
Save up to 25% on London Zoo tickets – Online Exclusive Deal
Buying your tickets direct from the London Zoo website ahead of your visit will save you serious cash on the standard gate price.
In addition, tickets automatically include a 10% donation to the zoo as part of its animal preservation efforts – but you can opt out of this donation to save even more!
16% OFF Standard London Zoo Tickets – Cheapest online exclusive deal
For a simple family day out, this deal offers the best value cheap tickets to London Zoo available. These standard tickets offer discounts of £3 for adults and £2 for kids on fast-track tickets, and are only available online!
- Save 16% off standard family tickets*
- Save 8% off standard adult tickets
- Save 5% off standard child tickets
* This saving is for a Family of 2 adults and 2 children. To get family savings you must enter SAVER in to the Promotion Code box during checkout!
All the above discounts are matched against standard on the door ticket prices. Children under 3 years go free.
17% OFF Fast Track London Zoo Tickets – Beat the queues online exclusive deal
Pay a little bit extra to skip the queues and enjoy more time seeing the animals who call London Zoo home! Fast track entry is particularly valuable during school holidays and weekends during summer, as the zoo can be particularly busy at these times.
Buy your Fast Track London Zoo tickets online and you’ll save:
* This saving is for a Family of 2 adults and 2 children. To get family savings you must enter SAVER in to the Promotion Code box during checkout.
25% OFF London Zoo Group Tickets
When it comes to cheap tickets to London Zoo, the biggest discounts are offered to groups of 10 or more, so it can be worthwhile taking the extended family with you or going with another family to enjoy even bigger savings!
Your group will save 25% on the standard prices, and this online discount offer is cheaper than you will find at the gate on the day.
Meet the Animals – London Zoo Experience Days
For a real treat, why not enjoy one of London Zoo’s experience days to get up close and personal with some of your favourite animals!
Most animal experiences are £45 mid-week and £60 on weekends, and are subject to availability. The money raised goes on conservation efforts for the animals that you meet. You can:
- Hand-feed the giraffes
- Meet the meerkats
- Play with the penguins
- Hoot with the owls
- Hop around with the kangaroos
- Roar with the lions – £75 mid-week and £90 weekends
- And many more personal animal encounters!
Save over 30% on London Zoo and other top London attractions combination tickets
Why not make the most of your visit to London and check out some of the city’s other top attractions. By purchasing London Zoo combination tickets through 365 Tickets, you can save as much as 30% or more compared to the individual ticket prices!
- Save 31% for adults and 28% for kids on London Zoo + SeaLife Aquarium combination tickets
- Save 23% for both adults and kids on London Zoo + Madame Tussauds combination tickets
- Other London Zoo combination tickets include London Eye, The Shard, Tower of London and more!
Just click the button below, scroll down the menu on the left hand side, and choose which attraction you would like to visit in combination with London Zoo!
Free entry to London Zoo with a London Pass
Forget searching for cheap tickets to London Zoo – if you’re planning on taking in a number of prime London attractions as part of your visit, then consider getting a London Pass. For a one-off fee, this card gets you FREE entry to more than 60 top London attractions (including London Zoo!)
With London Pass, you get:
- Priority entry – avoid the ticket queues at the gate
- Free entry – saving you up to £26
- Free entry to more than 60 other attractions across London
Check out our comprehensive guide on all the benefits of the London Pass to see if it’s suitable for your family’s visit to London!
Cheap hotels near London Zoo – hotel rooms from just £35
With your cheap tickets to London Zoo firmly in hand, the next thing to consider is getting a cheap hotel near London Zoo for your family to stay after you’ve spent the day monkeying around London Zoo.
Premier Inn family-friendly rooms from £49
Premier Inn is a great choice if your family will need to stay overnight for your visit to London Zoo, with rooms starting from just £49. Premier Inn offers:
- Wide range of locations – ideal for exploring central London
- Large family rooms for no extra charge
- Free WiFi
- Under 16’s stay FREE
- Great cooked and continental breakfasts
The closest Premier Inns to London Zoo include:
- London Euston (2.4 miles)
- London St Pancras (2.6 miles)
- London Kings Cross (2.8 miles)
- London Leicester Square (3.1 miles)
- London Hampstead (3.7 miles)
- London County Hall (3.8 miles)
- London Angel Islington (3.8 miles)
- Lond Victoria (3.8 miles)
Just do a postcode search for NW1 4RY (this is the London Z00 postcode) to see where you can get cheap hotel rooms near the attraction.
Search hotels from £35 with Laterooms
Alternatively, search online with Laterooms for the perfect London hotel to suit your family’s needs and budget. Laterooms has London hotel rooms available from just £35 per night. As well as discount rooms, other benefits of booking with Laterooms include:
- No booking fees
- Secure online booking
- Compare the guest ratings of each hotel before you book
- Choose from 462 hotels near London Zoo to find the perfect one for your family
For more choice on London hotels, check out our guide on family friendly cheap hotels in London.
Getting to London Zoo
2 for 1 vouchers from National Rail
- Receive an exclusive 2 for 1 voucher when you buy your train tickets
- Show your tickets and voucher at the London Zoo gate for 2 for 1 entry
- 2 for 1 offer is for standard gate prices only – so you’ll have to queue
- Offer valid until 31 October 2014
On the London Underground
Taking the Tube is a fast and easy way of getting to London Zoo from either a major train station or bus terminal, or from your London hotel.
The closest Tube stop is Camden Town, on the Northern line, which is a 15 minute walk to the zoo entrance.
Regent’s Park tube station on the Bakerloo line is also about 20 minutes walk away.
You can enter the zoo’s postcode NW1 4RY on your smartphone’s map app.
London Buses operate regular services across London. The easiest option is to jump on the 274 bus route, which stops at outside the main entrance to London Zoo. The 274 runs from Marble Arch and Baker Street tube stations to Ormonde Terrace
Alternatively, you can take the C2 bus from London Victoria Station, Great Portland Street or Oxford Circus tube stations.
Top attractions at London Zoo
Your cheap tickets to London Zoo will give you access to all areas of the zoo.
The enclosures are specifically designed to recreate each animal’s natural habitat, and London Zoo actively aides in the conservation of these species. The zoo is famous for its successful breeding programmes (including the Bengal tigers, whose rare baby cubs you can see in action if you visit now!)
There’s so much to see and do at the zoo, but we recommend you don’t miss the following popular attractions:
- Tiger Territory: see these magnificent beasts up close, including three of the world’s rarest tiger cubs – who only ventured out to play in public view at the end of March 2014
- Baby Emperor Tamarin Monkey: these gorgeous monkeys welcomed a new addition on January 9, and he’s quite the little cutie!
- Gorilla Kingdom: step foot into the heart of the rainforest to see the zoo’s resident gorillas
- Penguin Beach: get up close to two colonies of penguins native to South America as they slip, slide and swim before your eyes
- B.U.G.S: home to the zoo’s collection of invertebrates – including snakes, spiders and other creepy crawlies
- Tropical Bird Tour: See some incredibly rare feathered friends, in all the colours of the rainbow as you wander through the tropical bird house
- Big Fish: Meet the giants of the Amazon in the zoo’s amazing aquarium
- Dragons Live: See the world’s largest living lizards – the awe-inspiring, ancient komodo dragons – in action
- Meet the Giraffes: Try and catch them as they have their tea among the treetops!
London Zoo opening times 2015
Be sure that your cheap tickets to London Zoo are in fact valid for the day you want to visit!
London Zoo is open all year round, except for Christmas Day. However opening hours vary throughout the year as follows:
- Peak season (29 March – 7 September 2015) – 10am to 6pm
- Off-peak – 10am to 5.30pm
Enjoy your cheap tickets to London Zoo in 2015!
We hope you found our guide to cheap tickets to London Zoo helpful. If you know of any other families who would benefit from cheap tickets to London Zoo, please feel free to share this guide via Facebook, Twitter or email (you can use the ‘share’ buttons below if you want).
Enjoy your cheap tickets to London Zoo – don’t forget to take your camera with you on your safari!