The UK’s answer to Disneyland, Thorpe Park offers fantastic value on family days out. There are enough thrills and spills to entertain both children and adults – and it doesn’t have to be a pricey excursion as we’ve found loads of ways to get cheap Thorpe Park tickets in 2016.
- Thorpe Park breaks 2016 – short breaks from just £31pp!
- Cheap Thorpe Park Tickets 2016
- Cheap hotels near Thorpe Park – rooms from just £36
- How to get to Thorpe Park
Thorpe Park Breaks 2016
Thorpe Breaks exclusive ticket + hotel packages – KIDS GO FREE BEFORE 1ST MAY
As the short break holidays arm of Thorpe Park, Thorpe Breaks offers its own list of cheap Thorpe Park tickets and accommodation packages to choose from:
- Breaks from £99 per couple.
- Exclusive offers when buying direct from Thorpe Park.
- One such offer is Kids Go Free if you stay before the 1st May 2016. You can book that offer here:
2 Day Thorpe Park tickets + hotel package – over 24% OFF
Staying overnight on a visit to Thorpe Park can be a more relaxed way to enjoy the experience, so you’re not rushing to fit everything in. Local hotels can provide excellent deals and a second-day ticket is substantially cheaper than a single day.
Save over 24% OFF gate rates with this Thorpe Park 2 day hotel and ticket package from SuperBreak. We love this offer to bag cheap Thorpe Park tickets and a hotel stay because it’s:
- A hassle-free way to book discounted Thorpe Park tickets and accommodation in a few easy clicks
- An overnight hotel stay that works out from just a few pounds extra per person on top of a standard online advance ticket price.
- No credit card fees or booking fees
Cheap Thorpe Park Tickets 2016
Cheap Thorpe Park tickets 2016 for single day entry aren’t easy to come by, unless you buy well in advance direct from their website.
So if you are pressed for time and can’t take up one of the great value short break deals outlined above, head to the Thorpe Park website and buy your tickets online for big savings compared to the standard gate prices!
What to see in 2016 at Thorpe Park?
Derren Browns Ghost Train – Arrives 6th May!
Arriving 6th May, a WORLD’S FIRST, one-of-a-kind experience like nothing you have ever seen before arrives at THORPE PARK Resort. Re-invented for the 21st century, this Ghost Train will blow your mind!
Fright Nights 2016 – Book Early for October Launch!
Brave the live action horror mazes, where Liongate’s most terrifying horror films come to life. Iconic scenes from Cabin In the Woods and SAW along with THE BIG TOP come back for another year of screams.
Live action horror mazes return alongside thrilling rides in the dark including THE SWARM, UK’s first winged rollercoaster, SAW – The Ride’s 100ft ‘beyond vertical’ drop and Stealth, one of Europe’s fastest and tallest rollercoasters.
Something new is brewing for 2016, so keep your EYES peeled and mind the gap between now until October.
10am – 10pm, Fright Nights attractions open from 3pm.
The Ministry of Sound – Returns 2016
The ultimate ride and club nights at THORPE PARK Resort for 2016.
Hosted by the iconic Ministry of Sound, experience a unique club night like no other alongside some of the resort’s most famous rides which stay open exclusively for thrill-seeking clubbers. Expect nonstop floor fillers and big room dance anthems, as Ministry of Sound DJs playing the latest tracks until 3am.
Doors open 8pm-3am with rides from 8pm-11pm.
Saturday 23rd July 2016 – I Love House
Saturday 20th August 2016 – Summer Sessions
Saturday 1st October 2016 – Throwback Anthems
Fancy your own private table? VIP Ministry of Sound tickets are available and include guest list entry, cloakroom access, private table and a bottle of champagne. (Minimum of 4 people required.)
Overnight packages are available which include Ministry of Sound tickets, an overnight stay, breakfast and your second day free.
Cheap Hotels near Thorpe Park – rooms from £36
It can work out cheaper to stay in a local hotel and book tickets separately. We found Booking.com has some low rates for hotels near Thorpe Park:
- Rooms available from just £36
- 36 hotels and guesthouses to choose from, so you’re sure to find the right one to suit your family
- Compare guest reviews before making your booking
- FREE cancellation on most rooms with Booking.com
- Book your room now and don’t pay until you arrive
- For example: You can stay at the Beaumont Estate 4 miles from Thorpe Park from £59!
Travelling to Thorpe Park
Travelling by train – up to 80% OFF train tickets with Train Genius
If you plan on travelling to Thorpe Park by train, book your tickets well in advance to secure the best cheap train ticket offers.
Train Genius offers savings of as much as 80% or more compared to buying your tickets on the day. Other benefits of booking with them include:
- Huge savings by booking up to 12 weeks in advance.
- Further savings of 30% and more by using Railcards.
- Free seat reservation on selected journeys.
- NO FEES for using debit cards.
Around five trains run from London Waterloo to Staines every hour on a weekday and Saturday and one every hour on Sunday with a journey time of 30 to 50 minutes.
Coaches to Thorpe Park
National Express is a good way to save with:
- Bargain fares of as little as £6 if you book early… and if you’re lucky!
- Get a Family Travel Card and you could end up saving on kids’ fares.
- National Express go to Staines which is the nearest jumping off point to Thorpe Park
Shuttle bus to Thorpe Park
If travelling by train from London Waterloo to Staines there is a shuttle bus that takes you the two-mile distance to the park. Or if you travel into Chertsey the number 51 or 446 buses do the same.
Or if travelling by coach to Staines you can also pick up this same 950 Thorpe Park Express shuttle from Staines Rail station ( a 5-minute walk away) that runs every 15-20 minutes.
How to get there by road
- Thorpe Park is within easy reach of London. From the M25 take junctions 11 or 13 and follow A320 to Thorpe Park. Journey times between 40 minutes and an hour and a half (depending on start location and traffic!)
Thorpe Park opening times 2016
Thorpe Park is fully open from 17th March – 31st August 2016, and open on selected days during September and October. The park usually opens at either 9.30 am or 10 am until 5.30pm or 6pm depending on the day. Specific opening hours will be on your ticket.
Other theme park deals 2016
We hope you find our guide to cheap Thorpe Park tickets 2016 useful, and enjoy a great time at the park. We also have a number of articles on other UK theme parks and attractions, so you always know exactly where to come to get the best deals when planning activities for the kids!
If you live in London or the south east or taking a holiday or short break in the area, we have also got the latest deals from Legoland Windsor and Chessington World of Adventures. Alternatively, if you’re going to visit attractions in central London, check out our voucher code deals on London attractions for the family.
We’ve also got amazing deals at the UK’s biggest and favourite theme park, Alton Towers.