The UK’s answer to Disneyland, Thorpe Park offers fantastic value on family days out. There are enough thrills and spills to entertain both children and adults – and it doesn’t have to be a pricey excursion as we’ve found loads of ways to get cheap Thorpe Park tickets in 2014.
Remember that Thorpe Park is open from 20 March, 2014 - but buying your tickets now online will get you great discounts of up to 50%!
- Thorpe Park breaks 2014 - from under £40 per person
- Cheap Thorpe Park Tickets 2014
- Cheap hotels near Thorpe Park
- How to get to Thorpe Park
Thorpe Park Breaks 2014 - from under £40 per person
Staying overnight on a visit to Thorpe Park can be a more relaxed way to enjoy the experience, so you’re not rushing to fit everything in. Local hotels can provide excellent deals and a second-day ticket is substantially cheaper than a single day.
Cheap Thorpe Park breaks' packages start from £39.99 per person, including park entry plus overnight stay at a nearby hotel with breakfast included. They also offer:
- A hassle-free way to book discounted Thorpe Park tickets and accommodation in a few easy clicks
- An overnight hotel stay that works out from just a few pounds extra per person on top of a standard online advance ticket price. You could even stay at the brand new Thorpe Shark hotel.
- The chance to add a second day park entry
- No cancellation fee if you cancel before 8pm on day of purchase
One day cheap Thorpe Park Tickets
Save up to 50% when you book online at the Thorpe Park official website!
Book direct online with no fuss and no booking charges to get big savings on your cheap Thorpe Park tickets 2014. If you buy your tickets on the day, you could end up coughing up £48 for an adult and £40 for a child. Buy online in advance and you can take up Thorpe Park's '2014 tickets under £25' offer, saving you £23.01 on an adult ticket and £17.01 on a child ticket with no booking fees.
Consider buying directly from the official Thorpe Park website... that's a saving of £80.04 for the whole family (2 adults and 2 children) compared to on the gate prices. You will also save time by printing your tickets in advance.
Two day ticket offers
Buying a two day ticket directly with Thorpe Park
Save £37 for adults and £17.01 for kids when you buy online with Thorpe Park. This is 55% off the adult ticket price and 37% off the ticket price for kids on the door. These prices are only available when you book two days in advance.
If you want to visit Thorpe Park in less than one weeks time, this is the best deal but remember to book two days in advance. There are many other offers available to you if you buy your cheap Thorpe Park tickets direct from their website.
Cheap Hotels near Thorpe Park
Making up your own package of tickets and accommodation can be very cost-effective – again it pays to book well in advance to get the best hotel room prices, or take advantage of periodic room sales.
£29 Rooms at Premier Inn near Thorpe Park
Premier Inn is a great choice for cheap family rooms starting from £29 a night, working out at just over £7 pp for each member of a family of four. The nearest Premier Inn to Thorpe Park is in Woking, a 20-minute drive away. Prices here are a bit steeper at £66 for a family room. There are 11 Premier Inn hotels less than 10 miles away from Thorpe Park.
Sunbury - 6.6 miles
Woking Town Centre - 7.5 miles
Woking West - 7.7 miles
London Heathrow Airport (Terminal 5) - 7.8 miles
Cobham - 8.9 miles
London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) - 9.5 miles
London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) - 9.6 miles
London Twickenham East - 9.7 miles
Bagshot - 9.9 miles
London Twickenham Stadium - 9.9 miles
Slough - 10 miles
- Hotel Chain of the Year at the British Travel Awards
- Tommy’s Parent-Friendly Award for Best Family Travel Facilities in 2007 and 2008
- Family rooms at no extra cost and under 16's stay and eat breakfast for free + free activity packs for kids!
Hotel rooms from under £35 at Hotels.com
There is a good mix of hotels to suit different budgets at Hotels.com. Make sure that you book early so you can get the best price deals. They have over 100 hotels listed within 10 miles of Thorpe Park. Great prices, plenty of options and child friendly hotels make this a close favourite to find a cheap family room after Premier Inn.
Travelling to Thorpe Park
Travelling by train - up to 80% OFF train tickets with Train Genius
If you plan on travelling to Thorpe Park by train, book your tickets well in advance to secure the best cheap train ticket offers.
Train Genius offers savings of as much as 80% or more compared to buying your tickets on the day. Other benefits of booking with them include:
- Huge savings by booking up to 12 weeks in advance.
- Further savings of 30% and more by using Railcards.
- Free seat reservation on selected journeys.
- NO FEES for using debit cards.
Around five trains run from London Waterloo to Staines every hour on a weekday and Saturday and one every hour on Sunday with a journey time of 30 to 50 minutes.
Coaches to Thorpe Park
National Express is a good way to save with:
- Bargain fares of less than £7 if you book early... and if you're lucky!
- Get a Family Travel Card and you could end up saving on kids' fares.
- National Express go to Staines which is the nearest jumping off point to Thorpe Park
Shuttle bus to Thorpe Park
If travelling by train from London Waterloo to Staines there is a shuttle bus that takes you the two-mile distance to the park. Or if you travel in to Chertsey the number 51 or 446 buses do the same.
Or if travelling by coach to Staines you can also pick up this same 950 Thorpe Park Express shuttle from Staines Rail station ( a 5 minute walk away) that runs every 15-20 minutes.
How to get there by road
- Thorpe Park is within easy reach of London. From the M25 take junctions 11 or 13 and follow A320 to Thorpe Park. Journey times between 40 minutes and an hour and a half (depending on start location and traffic!)
Thorpe Park opening times 2014
Thorpe Park is open from 20 March - 9 November in 2014.
- Weekday opening hours are 10am-5pm
- On weekends it's open from 10am-6pm.
- Extended hours for spring/summer: The park is open until 7pm on selected dates from April onwards (you'll see which dates when you order your tickets).
- Extended hours for autumn: Thorpe Park stays open until 10pm from October 11 - November 2.
NEW attractions for 2014 - Angry Birds Land!
- Whole brand new area for 2014 - Angry Birds Land!
- A must-see part of the park for all families who are fans of our angry feathered friends (and those pesky pigs...)
- World first Angry Birds 4D experience - cutting edge special effects bring the birds whizzing past you
- Angry Birds invade Detonator - Thorpe Park's 100ft rapid drop tower ride
- Choose your side (Birds or Pigs) and go bumper to bumper with your family on the new Angry Bird dodgems attraction
Plus don't forget all the other unmissable rides:
- The Swarm (the UK's first 'winged' rollercoaster - now ride it backwards if you dare)
- Colossus (turns you upside down 10 times!)
- Stealth (go from 0-80mph in under 2 seconds)
- SAW (possibly the world's most terrifying rollercoaster), and loads more besides!
Other theme park deals 2014
We hope you find these cheap Thorpe Park tickets for 2014 useful, and enjoy a great time at the park. We also have a number of articles on other UK theme parks and attractions, so you always know exactly where to come to get the best deals when planning activities for the kids!
If you live in London or the south east or taking a holiday or short break in the area, we have also got the latest deals from Legoland Windsor and Chessington World of Adventures. Alternatively, if you’re going to visit attractions in central London, check out our voucher code deals on London attractions for the family.
We’ve also got amazing deals at the UK’s biggest and favourite theme park, Alton Towers.
In fact, we’ve got the latest deals and offers from all the UK’s favourite theme parks, European parks and theme parks in Orlando, Florida.
Get your FREE Theme Parks eBook here
Love cheap family days out? Want to know the secret tips and tricks for saving time and money at theme parks? Discover how to beat the queues, find the cheapest tickets and much more! Get your FREE theme parks eBook here.