Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World is perfect for families with kids aged 14 and under. Find out how to get Paultons Park discount tickets and accommodation in 2014 - including hotel and theme park packages from just £44 per person.
With more than 60 rides across Paultons Park - from rollercoasters and logflumes to Peppa Pig's Big Balloon Ride - there are loads of fun attractions to entertain kids of all ages (and parents!). Plus there are amazing interactive attractions like the 4D cinema, outdoor playgrounds and wildlife (make sure you see the flamingos!) Plus this summer, visit the cute new offspring of one of the world's most endangered species!
The park is probably most famous for Peppa Pig World, which is hugely popular with younger kids with its gentle rides, easy to reach attractions and beautiful gardens.
- Paultons Park ticket offers 2014
- Short breaks at Paultons Park
- Hotels near Paultons Park
- Getting to Paultons Park
- What you'll see at Paultons Park
- Summer holidays 2014 - special events
- Top tips for a great day out at Paultons Park
Paultons Park ticket offers 2014
Peppa Pig World and Paultons Park discount tickets are only available if you book online in advance. Book them ahead of your planned visit and you'll get even better value:
- Adults and children over one metre tall online advance tickets: £23.50 - a saving of £3.50 each
- Online same day tickets: £27
- Children under one metre height: Free entry
- Family tickets offer a small discount on individual ticket prices, with three, four and five-person family tickets available
- Be aware that Paultons Park also charges a £1.50 booking fee per online transaction
Short breaks at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World
2nd day free entry with Paultons Park Short Breaks
Book now and enjoy 2 days for 1 breaks. You can get ticket and hotel packages from just £44 per person for a family of four at Play and Stay.
Advantages of booking this great Paultons Park discount deal:
- Enjoy two unlimited days at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World, a night at a family hotel and a scrumptious breakfast.
- Children can see Peppa and George when they visit the park
- Entry to Water Kingdom
Hotels near Paultons Park
Stay with Premier Inn for £39
Family-friendly hotel chain Premier Inn has family rooms available from just £39. The closest Premier Inn is Southampton West which is just next door to Paultons Park.
Among the benefits of staying with Premier Inn are:
- Kids under 16 stay and eat breakfast FREE with a paying adult
- FREE activity packs
- Spacious family rooms with cots, pull-out/sofa beds for kids
There are a total of seven Premier Inns within 15 miles of Paultons Park. The others are:
- Southampton North (Nursling) - 5.8 miles
- Southampton West Quay - 7.7 miles
- Southampton City Centre - 8.7 miles
- Southampton (Eastleigh) - 9.2 miles
- Southampton Airport - 10 miles
- Lymington (New Forest, Hordle) - 14.9 miles
Cheap hotel rooms near Paultons Park from Expedia
Leading hotel booking website Expedia has 195 hotels to choose from that are close to Paultons Park, with rooms starting from £43 or less. That gives you plenty of chances to find the perfect accommodation to suit your family and your budget!
Other benefits of booking with Expedia include:
- Check user reviews for each hotel
- Compare prices of various hotels for your selected dates
- BIG DISCOUNTS for selected hotels on selected dates, so be sure to put in your preferred dates to find the cheapest deals
- No Expedia cancellation fees, should you need to change the dates of your getaway
Getting to Paultons Park
Paultons Park is tucked away in the beautiful New Forest in Hampshire. It can be easily accessed by car or is a short distance from major train services.
Travelling by car
Plug the postcode SO51 6AL into your sat nav to get straight to Paultons Park. You'll find it just off Exit 2 of the M27.
There is a large carpark on site and you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that parking is FREE!
Travelling by train
The easiest way of getting to Paultons Park by public transport is to catch a train to Southampton Central train station. From Southampton Central, it is a short 8 mile cab ride, or there is a major bus terminal directly opposite the station, from which you can take a local bus service to the park.
South West Trains operates regular services to Southampton Central from London, and the station is a hub for trains heading to Portsmouth Harbour as well as the South West. First Great Western also operates regular services from the West.
Train Genius offers savings of as much as 80% or more compared to buying your tickets on the day. Other benefits of booking with them include:
- Huge savings by booking up to 12 weeks in advance
- Further savings of 30% and more by using Railcards
- Free seat reservation on selected journeys
- NO FEES for using debit cards
What you'll see at Paultons Park
There is so much to see and do at Paultons Park that we could never name them all! But here's a brief overview of the rides, attractions and events we think are among the best you'll see on your visits:
Magma: The ride propels you 25 metres in the air. Not for the faint hearted.
- Minimum height: 1.1 metres
- Minimum age: Five years old accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age unsupervised: Eight years old and 1.3 metres tall
The Edge: Spin on a giant disc 15 metres in the air. Heavy lunch not recommended.
- Minimum height: 1.2 metres
- Minimum age: Six years old accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age unsupervised: Eight years old and 1.4 metres tall
Kontiki: Ride to and fro on this ship
- Minimum height: 0.9 metres
- Minimum unsupervised age: Seven years old
Windy Castle: Cable car going to the very top of the hill
- Minimum height: None
- Minimum age: None
George’s Dinosaur Adventure: Themed on Peppa Pig’s favourite toy.
- Minimum height: 0.9 metres
Daddy Pig’s Car Ride: Carousel themed on cars
- Minimum height: None
- Minimum age: Four years old accompanied by an adult
4D Cinema: Amazing state of the art 150 seat 4D theatre. Currently showing The Curse of Skull Rock
- Water Kingdom: Kids will love this, especially when the sun's out. Water jets, giant tipping buckets, fountains and super soakers abound. There are nearly 40 different ways to get wet.
- Adventure Golf: Themed around an abandoned Californian Gold Mine, you can challenge the family to a round of adventure golf.
- Meerkat Manor: Home to African Meerkats, kids will be fascinated by the way the cute little animals hop, skip and peer about. But they don't speak in Russian accents and won't try to sell you insurance.
- Birds of Prey: From the world’s biggest owl to lurking vultures - get to see some stunning birds of prey up close and personal.
- Other exotic birds: Exotic birds include various rare species like the Silver-cheeked, Black-casqued, Von der Deckens and Red-billed Hornbills. Paultons Park has the largest collection of Laughing Thrush on show. Flamingos, Pelicans and Cranes are in a class of their own, while the fast running, odd looking Emus and Rheas continue to fascinate kids and adults alike.
Gardens and Lakes
Whether you fancy a breather or a picnic, it's nice to take some time to relax in the beautiful landscaped gardens of Paultons Park.
The main garden features cedar trees that are 160 years old, with a lake 10 acres in size that hosts an amazing diversity of wildlife. Take some time to explore the gardens with their hidden rockeries, tropical plants and seasonal flowers.
There are also beautiful themed gardens - like the idyllic Japanese garden, with its own little stream, white lilies and tropical birds.
Meet Peppa and George
When: Varies / seasonal
Check daily times on the library noticeboard opposite the Village Museum entrance. Peppa and George appear on the veranda in front of the school house to meet their fans.
When: 12 noon and 3:30 pm on normal days
Paultons Park has a collection of Humboldt Penguins, and daily feeding sessions take place with live commentary.
Scotty the Clown Show
Join Scotty the Clown for a show of acrobatics, juggling, magic, singing, madness, mayhem, and laughter! Audience participation is a must so get the little ones ready to join in the fun.
Land of the Dinosaurs
Besides the marshlands by the river, you can hear the realistic dinosaurs roaring and growling in the undergrowth.
Summer holidays 2014 - special events
Did you know that as well as being home to Peppa Pig World and some fantastic rides for the kids, Paultons Park is also an educational and wildlife conservation centre?
This summer, your family can see what is said to be the world's most endangered of all animal species - the Edward's Pheasant. These pretty birds are native to Vietnam, however were largely wiped out during the Vietnam War, and have seen further population declines due to deforestation. It is believed they could actually be extinct in the wild, since no new sightings have been reported for a number of years!
But Paultons Park was thrilled when one of its resident Edward's Pheasants hatched seven chicks in early June! Four of the chicks are now greeting visitors to the park, while a further three - which were hatched using incubators - are being reared in more private surrounds. So why not show your support for these highly endangered birds and pay these gorgeous young chicks a visit!
Top tips for a great day out at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World
Cut down on queuing time and go for the more popular rides during lunchtime - the crowds tend to be far less then!
- Children’s meal deals are available from the family restaurants that include any 5 items and a piece of fruit from £4.05.
- Make sure you check the little ones’ height before they go to the park so you immediately know which rides they can go on.
- If you want to cut short the time you spend queuing, a good tip is to head for the rides at the back of the park first. (Everyone tends to automatically head to the rides closest to the entry gate first, and so they end up having the largest queues.
- Another way of cutting down on queuing time is to go for the more popular rides during lunchtime - the crowds tend to be far less then.
- The library at Peppa Pig World has a handy noticeboard that lists the timings of Peppa Pigs’ and Georges’ appearances throughout the day.
- There are lockers for hire. Standard lockers cost £1, while larger lockers (that can accommodate pushchairs and strollers) cost £5 for the day. There's also a £20 deposit for the larger lockers.
- You can hire strollers for the day. These are perfect for transporting children, picnic bags and bulky bags around the park. Charges are steep though. A double stroller is going to set you back £10.50 and a single stroller costs £7. There is also a £30 deposit.
- Don’t forget to take along a bucket and spade for the sand boxes at Paultons Park.
- If you are taking the kids to Water Kingdom and Muddy Puddles then don’t forget to take along a swimsuit and towels.
- There are additional charges for the Go-Karting zone, Aqua Zorbing and coin-operated amusements.
- Opening times vary with the time of the year, so be sure to check online
Get your FREE Theme Parks eBook here
Love cheap family days out? Want to know the secret tips and tricks for saving time and money at theme parks? Discover how to beat the queues, find the cheapest tickets and much more! Get your FREE theme parks eBook here.
Have you enjoyed a Paultons Park discount ticket round-up... met Peppa Pig and the gang? What did you think? Leave your comments below.