Coming to London with the kids over the school holidays? Bringing the family to check out the Paralympics? Playing host and travel guide to friends or relatives from abroad? Then you’ll be interested in the London Pass, which is a great way of bulk-buying entry into a number of London’s top attractions, saving you money, time and effort. Below you’ll find out about the London Pass discount offers and vouchers and all the benefits of the pass.
Benefits of the London Pass
So why fork out for the London Pass, you ask? Because if you’re staying for a few days and want to tick as many places off your ‘must see’ list as you can, the London Pass can work out to be the cheapest way of doing it.
Essentially you are buying your entry passes in bulk, at a greatly reduced price compared to the gate prices at each attraction.
You simply pay one fixed price for the London Pass of your choice (one, two, three or six days, with passes available for adults and cheaper passes for kids). You can then visit as many participating attractions you like on that day, all for free! That means you’re getting admission worth up to £80 per day for adults and £45 per day for kids, at a fraction of the cost.
The more places you visit using your pass, the better value you are getting – but you can only use the London Pass once at each attraction, and multi-day passes are valid for consecutive days.
Other benefits include:
- Skip the queues with fast track entry at some attractions, such as St Paul’s Cathedral, Windsor Castle, London Zoo and Tower of London.
- The London Pass is valid for 12 months, so you can buy it on sale and use it any time within a year.
- Free 120+ page guidebook to take with you on your sightseeing adventures.
- Access to over 30 additional special offers, on everything from sightseeing and eating to shopping and currency exchanges.
- Free public transport when you purchase a London Pass with Travel.
- 100% money back guarantee.
However, if you’re only planning to visit one particular attraction, or you’re wanting to visit places that aren’t covered by the London Pass, then you’re best bet is to check out individual offers for that particular place. We’ve found deals available at a number of London attractions, many of which aren’t available with the London Pass.
Where is the London Pass valid?
The London Pass is valid for use at 55 top attractions and activities in and around London. This includes:
Days out and activities
You can see the full list of attractions on the London Pass website.
Standard prices for the London Pass
Prices for the London Pass are different for adults and children, and depend on how many days you are planning to buy. Standard prices are:
- One day pass = £46
- Two day pass = £61
- Three day pass = £74
- Six day pass = £99
For children (aged 5-15)
- One day pass = £29
- Two day pass = £46
- Three day pass = £51
- Six day pass = £69
The London Pass discount offers and vouchers
- Buy direct online: Keep an eye on the London Pass website for promotional offers and last minute sales. For the remainder of 2012, you can use the promotional code londpas05 to get 5% off all orders.
- Virgin Experience Days 5% discount: You can also save around 5% with the London Pass discount offer from Virgin Experience Days.
Other tips for visiting London
- Staying in London? Expedia is offering up to 20% off hotel stays in London, and an additional 5% on selected stays in August when you use the promotional code WELLDONEGB when you book.
- Alternatively, you can save up to 40% if you book one of the Expedia Secret Saver hotel deals.
- Find your way around the capital using the Transport for London website
- The Time Out website lists London events happening every week
- Toptable will help you track down the best restaurant deals in London