Looking for affordable, fun and exciting things to do in Paris with kids? You’ve come to the right place.
If you’re heading on holiday to France’s capital, you can save yourself a LOT of money and queuing, by booking tickets to attractions in advance online. Here’s how to cut the cost of your Paris break with super cheap deals to all the best attractions, tours and adventures.
From the Eiffel Tower to Disneyland Paris to the Louvre – Paris has an unbelievable number of things for your family to see, do and experience. Read on for the best sights to see and the most affordable way to visit them!
Things to do in Paris with kids – Accommodation and Travel
60 Ways to Save in Paris with the Paris Pass – Best all round deal + 6% voucher code discount!
The Paris Pass is a brilliant way to explore the city for less. It’s the ultimate sightseeing package, as the Paris Pass gets you free entry to over 60 world-famous attractions (everything from the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe) AND lets you skip the queues to get in.
But that’s not all. The Paris Pass also includes FREE extra experiences (including a free river cruise down the Seine and even a free wine tasting experience!) plus it comes with a free public transport travel card and a free 120+ page guidebook, too!
6% OFF Paris Pass Discount – Save at 60 Top Paris Attractions
Don’t miss out on extra SAVINGS! Get an extra 6% discount with this voucher code when you buy your Paris Pass.
Get 6% OFF Paris Pass
Voucher code: PPJUNE6
Save with the Paris Pass
- 2 Day Paris Pass from £30.83 for kids (inclusive of discount)*
- 2 Day Paris Pass from £86.33 for adults (inclusive of discount)*
The Paris Pass is an access all areas pass with loads of great benefits to really make the most of your time in Paris. Here’s what’s included in the price:
- Free entry to over 60 of Paris’ top attractions
- Fast Track Entry privileges – you get to skip the queues!
- A hop-on-hop off guided bus tour of the city
- A Travel Card which gives you FREE unlimited travel on the Metro underground, buses and RER trains within central Paris covering zones 1-3
- A 120+ page Paris guidebook
- Flexible options for 2, 4 or 5 days
If you’re stuck for ideas of things to do with the kids in Paris, the Paris Pass will provide you with just what you’re looking for to save time and money on your days out.
Advantages of the Paris Pass:
- Big savings: The Paris Pass is great value for money – you don’t need to visit all 60 attractions to make it worth your while! Visiting just seven popular attractions (usually £130* including travel) would save you at least £34 with the 2 day Paris Pass! PLUS don’t forget you can save an extra 6% with the voucher code.
- No stress: No need to buy tickets on the day, making it easier to budget. Plus it means you don’t need to carry around lots of cash with you.
- No queues: Save loads of time by skipping the entry queues with your Paris Pass. You can avoid that 2 hour queue (a nightmare with kids in tow) and use the extra time to pack more into your visit to Paris. For this reason alone the Paris Pass is worth buying.
If you want to see and do as much as possible on a short trip to Paris, the Paris Pass is hard to beat. Save an extra 6% with the Paris Pass discount voucher code PPASS6
*Prices are based on an exchange rate of 1.22 Euro to £1 at the time of writing
Paris Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour – Best for getting around Paris and seeing the sights
For an easy, cheap and flexible way to get around Paris and see the sights, why not try the Paris Hop-on Hop-off bus tour?
This bus tour is one of the best ways to see the sights for less, and it’s a great way to get an overview of the whole city.
- Avoid the busy Metro underground system
- Enjoy spectacular views from the open top double decker bus
- Listen to an audio commentary which fills you in on the facts and rich history of all the sights
- Easy to navigate – just go to the nearest bus stop and hop on, with departures every 10-15 minutes
- Keep your ticket and hop on and off as many times as you like to see the sights or go shopping
The Paris Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour is a great experience for families as you can discover the city at your leisure with a one or two day ticket. We’ve hunted down the best deals available.
Best one day tickets deal:
- Adult £23.81
- Child £13.14
- Infant (0-3) FREE
But if you’re going to be in Paris for longer, why not get a two day ticket? They’re the same price for kids as a one day ticket and just a few extra quid for adults.
Best two day tickets deal:
- Adult £27.10
- Child £13.14
- Infant (0-3) FREE
Behind the Scenes at the Eiffel Tower Tickets + Skip the line – Hurry this fantastic tour sells out quick!
One of the must-see attractions to visit whilst in Paris has to be the iconic Eiffel Tower. But you don’t want to stand in a queue for hours on end wasting your precious holiday time, do you?
Here’s how to explore the Eiffel Tower AND skip the queue.
- Adults (17+) £18.65
- Child (6-16) £16.20
- Infants (0-5) Not allowed
This fantastic guided tour is great value for money as it allows you to:
- Skip the queue (worth it – you’ll waste hours of your holiday otherwise!)
- Head up to the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower for panoramic views of the city and beyond
- Learn all about the Eiffel Tower’s history and architecture with your own tour guide
Remember, this tour get sold out super quickly, so you will usually need to book 2-3 months in advance during peak times. Also please note children under five aren’t allowed on the tour as it goes down into the engine room.
Skip the line: Eiffel Tower Tickets – great value family friendly tour
If you don’t fancy a behind the scenes tour of the Eiffel Tower and are still looking for an affordable option (and want to skip the queues), get this special offer.
Grab your discount skip the line tour tickets of the Eiffel Tower from ticket experts Viator:
- Adults and children £32.84
- Infants (0-3) FREE
With this tour you’ll get loads of great benefits including:
- Skipping the queue
- Access to the attraction’s 1st and 2nd levels
- A timed group entry that gives you priority access, but with more freedom to explore than an organised tour
Skip the Line: Louvre Museum with Expert Guided Tour – Best deal for seeing the Mona Lisa and more!
On your list of things to do with kids in Paris you must include a trip to The Louvre Museum.
It’s home to countless world-famous artistic creations (such as Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa) and is one of the oldest and biggest art gallery and museums in the world.
This tour – complete with expert guide who really helps you see the best of this huge museum – is a fun, educational, unforgettable family day out. Plus after the tour finishes you’ll can stay and explore for as long as you want – making sure you get the most from your money.
Included in this price you’ll get:
- Skip the queue with fast track entry to Louvre museum
- Expert English speaking guide for a two hour 30 minute tour of the main rooms and gardens
- No booking fee
- Includes entry to Eugene Delacroix museum on the same day
The magnificent Louvre Museum guided tour certainly won’t disappoint, and it’s well worth the money for the knowledge of the guide (and the time you’ll save skipping that queue!)
- Adults £43.16
- Child £26.06
- Infant 0-2 FREE
Audio Tour of Louvre Museum
Want to save even more cash? Opt for an audio guided tour instead. You still get to skip the queues and choose your start time.
Prices for the Audio tour of Louvre Museum:
- Adults £30.13
- Child £4.89
Skip the line: Musee d’Orsay Tickets and Montmartre Art Tour – Best value for art lovers and young artists
Montmartre is beautiful, filled with what people love about Paris (beautiful cobbled streets, bustling pavement cafes, amazing architecture, and lively artists and musicians plying their trade).
If you love art or have a budding creative in your family, show them the sights on Montmartre art tour, with discount tickets here. Discover the wonders of the bohemian village of Montmartre, learn about the talented painters such as Van Gogh, Renoir and Matisse, discover where Impressionism came to life and see the sights of Sacre Coeur.
Embark on a fascinating walking tour of Montmarte for a discount price and enjoy benefits including:
- A walking tour that lasts 90 minutes and takes you to Artists Square, Van Gogh’s house and many other interesting sights
- An experienced guide to learn all you’ve ever wanted to know about infamous artists and the area
- FREE entry to the incredible Musee d’Orsay art gallery, housed in an old, stunning Art Deco rail station. Your ticket lets you visit whenever you like (and gives you skip the queue access)
Get your tickets now, save time and money on this must-see art tour. Book now for the best value!
- Adults £32.57
- Child £20.36
- Kids aged between 0-7 go FREE!
Disneyland Paris with Transport from Paris – Great deal to visit Disneyland for a day
On top of the list of things to do with kids in Paris is of course Disneyland, and what better way to enjoy the legendary theme park than with a discount ticket that includes transport from Paris?
This mega deal is perfect for families visiting and staying in Paris on holiday, but looking for a fun filled day trip to Disneyland Paris.
This fantastic offer includes:
- Tickets to Disneyland Paris to explore its five famous lands: Adventureland, Discoveryland, Frontierland, Main Street USA and Fantasyland
- Transport from Paris to the park by air conditioned coach
- The choice to add on tickets to Walt Disney Studios Park
One Park Entry
- Adult ticket £68.97
- Child ticket £59.94
- Infant 0-2 FREE
Two Park Entry
- Adult ticket £75.54
- Child ticket £68.15
- Infant 0-2 FREE
For more information on Disneyland Paris discounts, holidays and more check out our full Disneyland article.
Parc Asterix Tickets – Special offer on entry only and tour offers from Paris
Parc Asterix is the 2nd largest theme park in France, and is highly recommended as a top day out for families. Don’t miss this special offer for FREE admission for all children aged 7 or under when you book and travel by 4 July 2014!
Cheap Parc Asterix Tickets – Special Low Price
To really save big on things to do with kids in Paris, why not take them to Parc Asterix for the day? We’ve found a special low priced ticket so you get full access to the park for less.
- Admission to Parc Asterix (just 18 miles north of Paris)
- Live shows, thrilling rides and over 35 attractions
- Home to one of Europe’s biggest wooden roller-coasters
Get your discount tickets for a day out you’ll remember with these special low price tickets.
- Adult tickets £37.77
- Youth tickets (Age 8-11) £30.38
- Child tickets (Age 3-7) FREE
- Infant tickets (Age 0-2) FREE
Parc Asterix Tickets + Return Transport from Paris – Most convenient deal
For the whole package (including return transport from Paris) grab this fantastic offer while you can. Take the stress out of your family day out and book in advance.
- Adult tickets £52.93
- Child tickets (3-11) £47.23
- Infants (0-2) FREE
If you don’t want to worry about arranging transport on top of the ticket price, snap up this convenient ticket + transport package to Parc Asterix for the family. Included in the price:
- Admission to Parc Asterix
- Inclusive of luxury air conditioned coach transport
FREE things to do with kids in Paris – free attractions and sights in Paris
Or beach as we call it! This free summer festival is great fun for kids, packed with plenty of food stands, music and games combined with a truckload of sand. Paris Plage is hosted along the banks of the Seine, where the little ones will love to play, and you’ll love finding sand in their shoes days later.
IIe de la Cite flower and pet market
After braving the queues of Notre Dame, why not head to the enchanting flower and pet market on the IIe de la Cite held every Sunday. Alive with parrots, canaries and chickens, beautiful flowers and the chance to pet bunnies, the kids will love it.
Champ de Mars
If you want somewhere to sit and marvel at the Eiffel Tower, this park is perfect. It even has fairground attractions so the kids can enjoy merry-go-rounds, pedal cars and a huge playground. There are some lovely cafes nearby too, so you can grab a delicious crepe or two.
For gothic architecture head to the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the symbolic heart of the city. Impressive inside and out, it’s an incredible free architectural masterpiece. Pay for the additional ticket to the top (8.50 Euros) and walk amongst the fantastic gargoyles and see stunning views of the city.
Jardin du Luxembourg
If you’re looking for things to do with kids in Paris, this place is a wonderland. And free to enjoy! It has an orchard, an apiary to learn about bee-keeping, a rose garden and a fountain alongside many other delights. There is plenty there to entertain the kids too – puppet shows, rides, slides, sandpits, carousels and pony rides.
A great place to explore with the kids and centrally located, this historic park is set between the Louvre and Place de la Concorde. The park is filled with sculptures and ponds, with a fountain and a place to hire boats in its 28 hectare space for the kids to run wild! Fantastic views of the area and just a stone’s throw away from famous the Arc de Triomphe and other famous landmarks.
Cheap Family Hotels in Paris – More choice and better value
Think all hotels in Paris are expensive? Think again.
For more choice and better value on your stay in Paris, we’ve found some cheap hotel deals that won’t break the bank:
Family hotel rooms from only £78
Booking.com is a great place for finding accommodation to suit your family, with 222 hotels recommended in Paris.
- Family rooms are available from just £78 per night.
- For example, you could stay in a 7-hectare park in Paris, on the banks of the River Seine in a quirky but comfortable mobile-home with covered patio area, fully equipped kitchen, TV and private bathroom from £108 per room per night.
- 222 hotels to choose from in and around Paris, close to transport links and accessible by car.
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Many rooms allow you to pay upon arrival
- Great guest reviews to read before you book
Cheap Flights to Paris from the UK – Best deals available
Can’t wait to jet off on holiday? Get the best price on your flights to Paris right here.
Momondo is a brilliant website that does the hard work of hunting down the cheapest flights for you so you don’t have to.
It’s got tonnes of nifty tools so when you’re looking at getting away with the family you can find out:
- Which months are the cheapest to fly
- Which days of the week tend to have the cheapest fares
- What flight times offer the best value
Just use their ‘Flight Insights’ tool to get this information.
Then when you’ve decided when you want to fly, Momondo will compare hundreds of prices to find you the best deal for the month, date and time you want to fly.
Other articles you may be interested in…
- Paris Pass guide and discount code
- Discount Disneyland Paris tickets
- London attraction vouchers
- 10 sneaky ways to bag bargain family flights
We hope you enjoyed our article and have now got plenty of inspiration for things to do in Paris with kids. Enjoy these cheap attraction deals, and leave a comment below if you have any more sights or deals you’d recommend for a family trip to Paris.