Harry Potter Studio Tour London: Are your kids mega Harry Potter fans? Do they have all the books and films, but want to experience the magic behind the movies? Now they can with these cheap Harry Potter Studio Tour London tickets for 2014!
Picture their faces as they're transported to the Harry Potter Studio Tour London and step out onto Diagon Alley - where you can explore shops including Ollivanders Wands, Flourish & Blotts, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium. That's just one part of the tour. There's lots more.
The Harry Potter Studio Tour London regularly has animals from the films on the sets. We've previously spotted stealthy cat Mrs Norris in the Gryffindor Common Room - and often you and the kids can pose for a picture with Hedwig Harry's pet owl!
Enjoy a memorable day out at the Harry Potter Studio Tour London this summer 2014 - with special Quidditch themed fun including authentic costumes and props. You might even get to star in a special effect yourself!
- Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets & London Travel Deals - hurry, limited school holiday availability!
- Harry Potter Studio Tour Discount Experience Days - Perfect Gift
- Harry Potter Tour of London for Two - 15% OFF Voucher Code Deal
- Discount Short Breaks - Hotels and Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets
- Hotels near the Harry Potter Studio Tour
- How to get to the Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Summer Holidays 2014 - Special Events
- More discounted deals on Harry Potter tours in London
Harry Potter Studio Tour London Tickets & London Travel Deal - hurry, limited availability during school holidays!
Anyone who has already done the Harry Potter Studio Tour at the Warner Bros. Studio will know it's not an easy place to get to. Take the car and you'll be stuck in London traffic and spend half the day looking for a place to park. Take the train and you're faced with a two mile walk from the nearest station or waiting around for a connecting shuttle bus.
We've found the best Harry Potter Studio Tour deal that not only give you cheap tickets - but also save you time and money by including transport. All aboard the money-saving Hogwarts Express!
Here's our top pick for the best 2014 Harry Potter Studio Tour deal:
Harry Potter Studio Tour including Private Extended Session in the Great Hall - Hurry last tickets available!
This special deal from Viator gets you an extended private Harry Potter Studio Tour including the magical Great Hall!
- Tickets start from £49, depending on the date you plan to visit.
- Studio Tour + transport to and from London included!
- Drink Butterbeer in the backlot, explore Dumbledoor's office, see behind-the-scenes how they made characters come to life in the movies and view props and sets from the Harry Potter movies.
- BUT HURRY! Tickets are selling out fast for the school holidays, so DON'T MISS OUT!
Update August 2014: A few Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets are still available for selected dates over the summer months but they're few and far between. Keep us bookmarked - this page is updated when new tickets are released. If you're struggling to book tickets have a look at some of the other London Harry Potter tours on offer from the Black Taxi Tour to the 15% OFF Bus Tour!
Below is a short video that gives a taste of what to expect from your trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour London. Scroll down for more of the best Harry Potter ticket deals for 2014!
Harry Potter Studio Tour Discount Experience Days - Studio Tour + afternoon tea deal!
Experience days are a great way to get discounts on a day out, making them the ideal gift for someone who is a huge Harry Potter fan, or simply for treating you and your family to a fun day out!
The Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour with Afternoon Tea for Two Experience Day Package
Looking for the perfect gift for your loved one or a memorable teen day out? The Harry Potter Studio Tour with an Afternoon Tea for Two treat is the perfect gift for Potter fans. Here's what included:
- Two tickets to enter the wonderful world of Harry Potter
- A classic afternoon tea for two in the nearby De Vere Hunton Park
- Perfect for Potter fans with their own transport coming from outside London
- LIMITED OFFER: Reduced price of £119
The Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour + Transport from London - Virgin Experience Day Packages
Virgin Experience Days has a perfect Harry Potter experience day, including Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets, return transport and little extras to help make your day a special one. The Harry Potter Studio Experience Gift Day includes:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour, including a behind-the-scenes walking tour which gives you access to the actual film sets and props used in the films!
- Return transport from central London
- Themed experience day, including transport on a Harry Potter-themed bus
- An experience gift pack, complete with personal voucher and message
There are a variety of packages to choose from. Get the best deal by clicking the link below.
- 1 Adult for only £59
- 1 Adult and 1 Infant (3 to 4 years old) for only £79
- 1 Adult and 1 Child for only £115
- 2 Adults for only £118
- 2 Adults and 2 Children for only £219 - the best package for families
Harry Potter Tour of London for Two - 15% OFF Voucher Code Deal
Looking for a low-cost alternative instead of the Warner Bros tour? Get cheap tickets to the Harry Potter Bus Tour of London and experience a fun-packed excursion through various filming locations. Visit platform 9 and 3/4 at King's Cross Station, the entrance to the Ministry of Magic and loads more!
- 15% OFF the tour using the voucher code below!
- 3-hour London bus tour for two just £41.50 (including discount)
- Expert Harry Potter guide
- Available Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Includes your own experience gift pack, complete with personal voucher and message
Get 15% OFF Harry Potter Bus Tour with Virgin Experience Days
Voucher code: JULYAFF15
Discount Short Breaks: Hotels and Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets - Best Value Break
Because of its location, many can't manage a visit as a day trip, particularly families that live outside London. Thankfully, there are BIG savings available if you buy a package deal including hotel accommodation and Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets.
Short Breaks for a Family of Four for Less Than £150 with Superbreak
Superbreak has great value Harry Potter short break deals. You can get a family hotel room with overnight stay, breakfast and tickets to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour for less than £150!
With the deals on offer at Superbreak you get:
- Prices from only £146 for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children).
- A choice of more than 80 nearby family hotels to suit all budgets.
- Option to add discounted rail travel when you make your purchase.
- NO hidden fees or charges when you book with Superbreak, unlike many other sites
- LIMITED availability for the summer months!
Hotels Near the Harry Potter Studio Tour
If you've already bought your tickets for the Harry Potter Studio Tour and need somewhere to stay as part of your visit, we've found some fantastic cheap hotel deals:
Family Hotel Rooms from Only £51
Booking.com is a great place for finding accommodation to suit your family, with 51 hotels near the Harry Potter Studio.
- Family rooms are available from just £51 per night
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park is the nearest hotel, located right next door to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, with rooms starting at £49
- 51 hotels to choose from in the Watford area close to Harry Potter Studio
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Check out other guest reviews before you book
How to Get to the Harry Potter Studio Tour
The Harry Potter Studio Tour is located at Watford in north London and is accessible by train and car. It's important to remember you can't buy tickets at the door. You will need to book a day and time for the tour in advance, and plan your travel accordingly.
Getting There by Train
The nearest station to the Harry Potter Studio Tour is Watford Junction which is just 20 minutes by train from London Euston (other trains are available) and one hour from Birmingham New Street. You can save money when pre-purchasing your tickets from Virgin Trains thanks to:
- No booking fees
- No credit or debit card charges
Getting There by Car
The studio is located near the M25/M1 Watford Junction. If you have a sat nav, type in the postcode WD25 7GS. There are also brown tourist signs directing you once you get close to the studio.
Harry Potter Studio Tour London Tips
The Harry Potter Experience is the ultimate day out for everyone, young and old, who loves the books and movies and wants to see it all for themselves.
To get the most out of your adventure, remember these tips:
- You MUST book in advance. You can't just turn up on the day. Book early to bag your preferred time and date.
- Make sure you pick up a free Harry Potter passport when you arrive. They have instructions for a treasure hunt for the kids - and you can get them stamped at certain points throughout the tour. A great little souvenir.
- Don't miss the opportunity to ride a broom in front of the 'green screen.' You see yourself flying from London to Hogwarts!
- Halfway through the tour is an outdoor space where you can buy food and drinks, but you can bring your own packed lunch which is a good idea as it's cheaper and you won't have to spend time queuing for food.
- Set a budget for the gift shop as it's quite pricey. The clothes and costumes (from Gryffindor jumpers to Hogwarts robes) are massively popular, but expensive. You can often get Harry Potter clothes and goodies cheaper by buying them in advance through Amazon - see what's on offer here.
- Take your time as you go round the studio tour as there's much to see. Remember, the Harry Potter Studio Tour is made up of two studios - and once you've left the first one, bear in mind you can't go back.
Summer Holidays 2014 - Harry Potter Studio Tour London Special Events
The Harry Potter Studio Tour runs frequent special extra events. These extra events are included in the Harry Potter Tour Ticket Deals we mentioned above.
Here's what's planned for summer holidays 2014:
Bludgers and Broomsticks
(18th July – 1st September 2014)
Discover how the magical sports and wizarding games of Hogwarts were brought to life in the movies. See authentic Quidditch costumes, props like the rattling ball crate from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, and find out exactly how they made cast members fly and chess pieces move. Don't miss your chance to star in a special effect!
More special events for Harry Potter Studio Tour London 2014
(17th October – 3rd November 2014)
Something wicked this way comes!
Do you dare to learn the secrets behind the Dark Arts? See how the Dark Arts were created on screen and take your chances by duelling with a Death Eater!
Hogwarts at Christmas
(Friday 14th November 2014 - January 2015)
Hogwarts at Christmas is a magical place - transformed in blanket of snow, and some of the intricately-detailed sets will also be given a festive makeover using the actual decorations and food props from the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. From Christmas trees to mistletoe and golden wreaths, don't miss out on the spirit of Christmas at the Harry Potter Studio Tour.
All these extra events are included in the price of your Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets with the deals above.
More Discounted Deals on Harry Potter Tours in London
As well as the Harry Potter Studio Tour London itself, there are lots of other tours in London you can take the kids on to see other sites featured in the boy wizard movies. Here are our top picks:
Harry Potter Black Taxi Tour of London - Private Tour
Jump into one of London's iconic black cabs for a tour of London with a difference. Your driver will take you to famous destinations including Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley.
Features of the tour include:
- Your own private tour by taxi for up to five people.
- These are no ordinary taxi drivers, but experts in all things Harry Potter!
- A three-hour tour of sites around London depicted in the Harry Potter movies.
- Choice of morning or afternoon tours.
- Prices start from just £54.11 with attractions site Viator.
Harry Potter Walking Tour of London Including River Thames Boat Ride
A cheaper option is take a tour of the famous Harry Potter sites on foot. This special guided tour includes:
- A Harry Potter tour around London, led by an experienced guide lasting approximately 2.5 hours
- Visits to popular sites including Leaky Cauldron and the mythical Platform 9¾
- Also included in the tour price is a river cruise - enjoy the city from a whole new angle!
- Prices start from just £16 from Viator.
More Great Value Harry Potter Tours
Be sure to check Viator for the other great Harry Potter-themed tours and adventures, such as:
- A three-hour film location tour by coach.
- Private chauffeur-driven Harry Potter tour for that touch of class.
- Amazing three and five-day holidays through Scotland aboard the Harry Potter Express!
Harry Potter Bargains to Make the Day Extra Special
Here are some of the best Harry Potter bargains from Amazon if you're looking for treats to make the day extra special:
- Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film DVD Collection, 2011 (RRP £44.99, now £25 + FREE UK delivery!)
- Harry Potter - The Complete Collection Seven Book Set (RRP £59.99, now £38.99 + FREE UK delivery)
- Hogwarts Library Book Box Set - includingFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' (RRP £25, now £18.75 + FREE UK delivery)
Enjoy Your Day Out at Harry Potter Studio Tour London!
We hope you've found this guide to Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets and Offers for 2014 useful. Have a fantastic day out!
Pay attention and you'll spot the sorting hat in Dumbledore’s office. Ride the famous broomstick, stand on the Knight Bus, or take a seat on Hagrid’s motorbike. Experience the Death Eaters Walk - dare your kids to walk up to them and yell, 'Expelliarmus!'
Do you know any other Potter-mad Muggles? Email, Facebook or Tweet this guide to any friends and family who might be interested in Harry Potter Studio Tour ticket offers.
Get Your FREE Theme Parks eBook Here!
Love cheap family days out? Want to know the secret tips and tricks for saving time and money at theme parks? Discover how to beat the queues, find the cheapest tickets and much more! Get your FREE theme parks eBook here.