Harry Potter Studio Tour London: Are your kids die-hard Harry Potter fans? Do they have all the books and films but want to experience the magic behind the movies? Now they can with these cheap Harry Potter Studio Tour London tickets for 2014!
Picture their faces as they're transported to the Harry Potter Studio Tour London and step out onto Diagon Alley - where you can then explore shops including Ollivanders Wands, Flourish and Blotts, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium. And that's just one part of the Tour...
Plus the Harry Potter Studio Tour London often has animals from the films walking the sets. We've previously spotted stealthy cat Mrs Norris in the Gryffindor Common Room - and from April, you and the kids will be able to pose for a picture with Hedwig the owl!
Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets & London Travel Deals - 17% OFF RRP!
Harry Potter Studio Tour London tickets & London travel deal
Anyone who has already done the Harry Potter Studio Tour at the Warner Bros. Studio will know it's not an easy place to get to. Take the car and you'll be stuck in London traffic and spend half the day looking for a place to park. Take the train and you're faced with a two mile walk from the nearest station or waiting around for a connecting shuttle bus.
So we've rounded up the best Harry Potter Studio Tour deals that not only give you cheap tickets - but also save you time and money by including transport too. All aboard the money-saving Hogwarts Express!
Here are our top picks for 2014 Harry Potter Studio Tour deals:
Harry Potter Studio Tour from London+ Great Hall (Extended Private Session) - Best value - 17% OFF
- Great value hassle-free transport and ticket offer - 17% OFF RRP
- Package is £49 for Adults and £39 for Kids (aged 5-15). Other ticket merchants charge at least £59 Adults and £54 Kids for the same deal
- Travel to the Tour on the Harry Potter-themed bus from London Victoria - no need for extra train tickets or parking fees, it's all arranged for you!
- Step onto the cobbles of Diagon Alley, explore Dumbledore's office, hang out in the Gryffindor common room - you'll be in Muggle heaven
- Sip a frothy Butterbeer in the shadow of iconic sets such as the Knight Bus and Privet Drive
- Enjoy a private extended tour of the Great Hall (Mondays-Fridays only) Exclusive to this tour
- Tour duration - 6 hours.
Harry Potter Studio Tour from London - More Time and Freedom to Explore
This tour gives you more freedom to explore at your own pace, ensuring you don't miss any of the highlights on your magical tour of the Harry Potter Studio!
- Prices from £59, depending on the date you visit.
- Meander through the studio at your own pace.
- Travel included as part of the your.
- Tour duration - around 7 hours.
Below is a short video that gives you a taste of what you can expect from your trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour London - then scroll down for more of the best Harry Potter ticket deals for 2014!
Discount Short Breaks: Hotels and Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets - Best value break
Because of its location, plenty of people can't manage a visit as a day trip - particularly those families that live outside of London. Thankfully there are BIG savings available if you buy a package deal including hotel accommodation and Harry Potter Studio Tour Tickets.
Short breaks for a family of four for less than £150 with Superbreak
Superbreak has some great value Harry Potter short break deals - you can get a family hotel room with overnight stay, breakfast and tickets to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour for less than £150!
With the deals on offer at Superbreak you get:
- Prices from only £146 for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children).
- A choice of more than 80 nearby family hotels for all budgets.
- Option to add discounted rail travel when you make your purchase.
- NO hidden fees or charges when you book with Superbreak, unlike lots of other sites
Harry Potter Studio Discount Experience Days - Perfect treat for Potter fans
Experience days are a great way of getting discounts on a day out, making them ideal for a gift for someone you know is a huge Harry Potter fan, or even for treating yourself and your family to a fun day out!
Harry Potter Studio Tour gift pack
Virgin Experience Days has a perfect Harry Potter experience day, including Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets, return transport and little extras to help make the day out a special one. The Harry Potter Studio Experience Gift Day includes:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour, including a behind-the-scenes walking tour - giving you access to the actual film sets and props used in the films!
- Return transport from central London
- Themed experience day - including transport on a Harry Potter themed bus
- An experience gift pack, complete with personal voucher and message
- One adult and one child for £105
- Two adults and two children works out even better value at £189
Hotels near the Harry Potter Studio Tour
If you've already bought your tickets for the Harry Potter Studio Tour and need somewhere to stay as part of your visit, we've found some cheap hotel deals that won't break the bank:
Family hotel rooms from only £46
Booking.com is a great place for finding accommodation to suit your family, with 53 hotels near the Harry Potter Studio.
- Family rooms are available from just £46 per night.
- De Vere Venues Hunton Park is nearest hotel, located just next door to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, with rooms starting at £49.
- 53 hotels to choose from in the Watford area close to Harry Potter Studio.
- Free cancellation on most rooms.
- Check out other guest reviews before you book.
Hotel deals from Laterooms
Laterooms is not just great for last minute deals but has great offers all year round. They also have thousands of hotels ranging from lower budget bed and breakfasts and guest houses, mid-range chains such as Holiday Inn, Hilton, boutique hotels and more. Choose from:
- Family rooms for less than £50 per night.
- More than 30 places to stay less than 10 miles away from the Harry Potter Studio Tour.
- No booking fee with Laterooms.
How to get to the Harry Potter Studio Tour
The Harry Potter Studio Tour is located at Watford in north London, and is accessible by train and by car. It is important to remember that you can't buy tickets on the door - you will need to book a day and time for the tour in advance, and plan your travel accordingly.
Getting there by train
The nearest station to the Harry Potter Studio Tour is Watford Junction, which is just 20 minutes by train from London Euston (other trains are available) and one hour from Birmingham New Street. You can save money when pre-purchasing your tickets from Red Spotted Hanky thanks to:
- No booking fees.
- No credit or debit card charges.
Getting there by car
The studio is located near the M25/M1 junction in Watford. If you have your sat nav, type in the postcode WD25 7GS - there are also brown signs directing you once you get close to the studio.
Harry Potter Studio Tour London tips
The Harry Potter experience is the ultimate day out for kids - young and old - who have loved the books and movies and want to see it all for themselves.
To get the most out of your adventure, remember these tips before you go:
- You MUST book in advance (you can't just turn up on the day). Book early to bag your preferred time and date.
- Make sure you pick up a free Harry Potter passport when you arrive. They have instructions for a treasure hunt on them for the kids, and you can get them stamped at certain points throughout the tour - makes a great little souvenir.
- Don't miss the opportunity to ride a broom in front of the 'green screen' - you see yourself flying from London to Hogwarts!
- Halfway through the tour is an outdoor space where you can buy food and drink. However you can bring your own packed lunch to eat here - which is a good idea as it's cheaper and you won't have to spend time queuing for food.
- Set a budget for the gift shop - it's quite dear. The clothes and costumes they sell (from Gryffindor jumpers to Hogwarts robes) are massively popular, but expensive. You can often get Harry Potter clothes and goodies cheaper by buying them in advance through Amazon - see what's on offer here.
- Take your time as you go round the studio tour. Although it's tempting to rush through (as there's so much to see) you'll miss out on some fantastic details and surprises if you do. (Also, the Harry Potter Studio Tour is made up of two studios - and once you've left the first one, bear in mind you can't go back).
Harry Potter bargains to make day extra special
Here are some of the best Harry Potter bargains if you're looking for treats to make the day extra special:
- Harry Potter - The Complete 8 Film DVD Collection (RRP £44.99, now £25)
- Harry Potter - The Complete Book Set (RRP £59.99, now £38)
- Hogwarts Library Book Box Set - includes 'Quidditch Through the Ages' and 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' (RRP £25, now £17)
Enjoy your day out at Harry Potter Studio Tour London!
We hope you've found this guide to Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets and offers for 2014 useful, and you have a fantastic day out.
Pay attention and you can spot the sorting hat in Dumbledore’s office. Ride the famous broomstick, stand on the Knight Bus, or take a seat on Hagrid’s motorbike. The Deatheaters walk around with their wands ready! (Dare your kids to walk up to them and yell, 'Expelliarmus!')
Know any other Potter-mad Muggles? Please feel free to email, Facebook or Tweet this guide to any friends and family who might be interested in Harry Potter Studio Tour ticket offers.
Get your FREE Theme Parks eBook here
Love cheap family days out? Want to know the secret tips and tricks for saving time and money at theme parks? Discover how to beat the queues, find the cheapest tickets and much more! Get your FREE theme parks eBook here.