Holiday parks are a great way to treat yourselves to a cheap UK family holiday this autumn. They cater specifically for families, don’t involve the cost and hassle of air travel AND take in some of the UK’s best holiday spots.
Prices for cheap family holidays in the UK normally rocket upwards in June and don't come down again until late October - but we've found some unbeatable deals below, where prices for a family break start from as little as £59 per family!
Check out these 2014 deals on UK holiday parks for bargain caravan holidays (as well as cheap chalet and camping breaks). There are also some great deals on 2015 summer holidays for early birds too.
- Pontins Holidays - £64 summer holidays
- Last minute UK family holidays from £59 with Park Holidays
- Up to 71% OFF short breaks with Hoseasons - great half term deals
- Cheap family holiday deals 2014 from £59 at Park Resorts
- £69 last minute getaways + half term holidays for under £200 at Haven
Pontins Holidays - from £64 during autumn 2014
Pontins has five holiday parks in England and Wales which offer cheap family holidays UK, with apartments specifically designed for families. Each park has a brilliant beach nearby and plenty of on-site facilities and activities.
There are some great deals available all year-round with Pontins, but get in now and you can bag some amazing bargain breaks.
(There are currently apartments from just £64 this autumn 2014!)
2014 October breaks during school holidays from £99 per family
In fact they have heaps of cheap family holidays to enjoy throughout 2014-2015.
- Prices start from as little as £99
- Just a tiny £10 deposit required to reserve your preferred holiday dates at a discount price - pay the rest off later
- Special packages available for events such as half term, Christmas, Halloween and New Year's Eve.
Last minute UK family holidays from only £59 per family with Park Holidays UK
Make the most of autumn in the UK with a trip to the beautiful beaches of the south west - and Park Holidays UK have 23 parks to choose from, stretching from Devon to Suffolk. (Pets are welcome too!)
Reserve the best apartment and dates for summer holidays now with just a £20 deposit!
Last minute UK Caravan Holidays in 2014 from £59
- Discount UK caravan holidays over the school holidays start from only £59 per family!
- These last minute offers include Bank Holiday weekends and mid-term school holidays.
- Only £20 deposit: Reserve the best dates and location now for just £20 deposit
- FREE food and drink: Selected mid-week breaks include a FREE £25 food and drink voucher
- FREE entertainment: Prices include unlimited free access to on-site facilities and entertainment
- Pets go FREE too!
Touring and camping holidays this summer from £5 a night!
If touring and camping is more your thing, Park Holidays also have plenty of campsites available across the Devon, Essex, Kent, Sussex and Hampshire coast:
- Campsites available in 2014 - from just £5 a night.
- Rolling discounts on specific holiday breaks if you know when you would like to go.
- Pets go FREE!
October half-term breaks for £169 at Hoseasons
Hoseasons have some superb holiday parks across the UK - from Edinburgh and the borders to Cornwall to the Isle of Wight. They have parks with indoor and outdoor heated pools, kids' clubs, evening entertainment, outdoor activities - and all are in beautiful locations.
Enjoy your 2014 October half-term break from just £169 with Hoseasons!
2014 half term breaks from £169 - SAVE up to 70%!
Think a half term break away with the family for under £200 is impossible? Well it's not!
- Prices start from as little as £169 for October half term
- Three, four and seven-night holidays available, with savings of 70% or more.
- Check the calendar on the Hoseasons website for all the latest cheap family holidays UK on the dates you want to travel at their holiday & caravan parks nationwide.
Last minute breaks from £69
There are also some even cheaper last minute deals outside of half term, from £69 or less.
We always get good feedback about Hoseasons holidays from MyFamilyClub readers:
- 97% of Hoseasons customers say they would book again with the company
- All Hoseasons accommodation has been visited and checked by experts to check that their high standards are maintained
- Hoseasons have a price match guarantee, in the unlikely event you find a cheaper deal for the same accommodation and dates elsewhere
Winter family lodge breaks and holidays from £149
A cheap UK family holiday can be yours with some massive discounts being offered by Hoseasons on family lodge breaks, holiday parks, cottages, city breaks and more:
- Save £100's on family getaways - even during the school holidays
- Winter family breaks starting from £149
- Reserve your place now with a low £25 deposit
- Special offers are available for summer breaks too
Plus there are early bird deals if you book your 2015 holiday now (again, you just need a £25 deposit)
Park Resorts - cheap family holiday deals
Fancy some stunning coastal scenery? If so make sure you check out Park Resorts in 2014. They have 39 coastal holiday parks in the UK. The majority are spread right across England, however there are several in Wales and Scotland as well as on the Isle of Wight.
Their parks include just about every type of accommodation you can imagine, and they can cater for pets and special needs.
2014 UK Short Breaks - autumn escapes from £59
If it's a last minute short break you're planning to take the kids on this summer, then there are plenty of options to choose from:
- Get away this autumn from just £59
- Camping and touring offers - save 40% this autumn with pitches from just £3
- Packages include accommodation for up to 8 people, and many will accept pets.
- Coastal October half term family breaks from just £210
PLUS with Park Resorts you get:
- FREE entertainment (from big name acts to outdoor cinema screenings)
- FREE kids' clubs
- FREE use of their great all-weather facilities
- FREE discount booklet that gives you discounts at loads of local attractions
Park Resorts special offers - Autumn 2014
Park Resorts has loads of cheap family autumn holidays in 2014 on its website, which change all the time. Click on the ‘Special Offers’ tab which you can find half way down the homepage. Some example deals include:
- Short breaks from just £59.
- Week-long camping and touring breaks in stunning parks, starting from just £112
- Savings of £300+ on 2015 summer holidays in August - great deals up for grabs for early birds!
Haven holidays - last minute getaways from only £69
Haven has a huge range of holiday accommodation for cheap family holidays at its parks across the UK. As well as tents and caravans, you can choose to stay in a luxury lodge or summer house, holiday apartment or chalet. Or, for a really different experience the kids will love, why not try a family yurt?
- Great kids' clubs on site - from tots to teens, there's plenty going on to keep them occupied!
- Keep active - climbing walls, golf courses, sport grounds, archery and adventure playgrounds await
- Take some time out - with relaxing spa, health and beauty treatments on site
- Evening entertainment on tap - let the good times roll with musicals, comedy, pantos, Rock and Roll Bingo, TV talent shows and more!
Getaway in the next few weeks from only £69 per family!
Haven has special last minute getaway deals, with short breaks and holidays offered at a reduced rate! Find your dream family trip from £69 per family.
- Includes holiday parks with indoor and outdoor pool facilities, direct beach access, entertainment and more
- Available on short breaks and holidays from 2 - 7 days
- LIMITED AVAILABILITY! Book now to get the best deal
- Half term breaks from as little as £169 for the whole family
- Once you're on the Haven website, be sure to sort the deals by price from lowest to highest so you can easily find the cheapest deals (click the button below and scroll down - you'll see the 'Sort by price' drop down menu)
Money saving tips for cheap family holidays
Make the most of out of school days
Going on holiday during the school holidays is always more expensive, but schools are cracking down on taking kids out of school in order to get a cheaper family holiday. Sometimes it's worth having a chat with the Headteacher if your school frowns upon it. As a compromise, you could take your child out of school for just a few days (at a time that's less likely to harm your child's education) and bolt that onto a weekend.
Save on train fares
You can make big savings on train fares if you know how - and travelling by train is far less stressful than driving. For starters it's definitely worth getting a Family Railcard (which will knock a third off all your train fares). Check out our guide to getting cheap family rail tickets.
Or get the coach
You can get some real bargain coach fares on sites like Megabus - from as little as £1 per person (plus 50p booking fee) if you book in advance. (If you have bad memories of coach travel, don't be put off - the Megabus coaches are all comfy, modern and air-conditioned. Most even have free Wi-Fi!
The more the merrier
Many holiday parks have accommodation that can cater for eight, 10 or even 12 people. Generally, the more people an apartment can take, the cheaper it works out per person. So why not consider hiring a larger apartment, caravan or trailer with family or friends and save money together?
Take advantage of cheap family days out
Wherever you're staying in the UK, chances are we've found some discounts for family days out nearby. For example we've rounded up the best:
- Cheap UK theme park tickets
- Discounts for London attractions
- Cheap UK zoo tickets
- Sea Life Centre online offers
See our Days Out section for more inspiration and savings.
Bag free stuff
If you're after cheap camping or holiday equipment - from food stoves to sleeping bags - you can often pick up equipment for free. Freegle is a community freebie site that lets people give away stuff they no longer need for free. And if you're looking for second hand caravan and camping bargains, have a look at what Preloved has got to offer.
For more information on enjoying cheap UK family holidays that won't break the bank, take a look at our 20 tips to enjoying a cheap family holiday. And if you still need more inspiration on where to go and what to do, check out our article on family friendly holidays on your doorstep.