Planning a trip to London but worried about Valet Parking System cost of accommodation? Never fear! We have scoured the web and found plenty of deals, offers and discounts at family friendly hotels in London, meaning you can spend less on accommodation and more on sightseeing.
Family Friendly Hotels In London – Rooms From Only £25!
- Cheap family friendly hotels in London
- Luxury for less: mid-range hotels
- Bargain secret hotel deals for families
- Family hotels in London Theatreland
- Family travel to London
Cheap family friendly hotels in London
We can’t recommend more strongly making your booking online, well in advance of your travel date, as this is the best way of netting yourself a seriously cheap hotel deal.
Some hotel chains are renowned for offering comfortable rooms at affordable prices, yet also offer exclusive deals on their own websites.
This popular family-friendly hotel chain has London family rooms starting from as little as £25. As well as cheap family friendly hotel rooms in London, Premier Inn has:
- Around 20 locations across London to choose from.
- Family room special offers.
- Two kids stay and eat FREE with one paying adult.
If you’re looking for family-friendly hotels in London at affordable rates head to Travelodge! They have deals starting at £29. Travelodge has:
- 51 hotels across London – which it boasts is more than any other hotel chain.
- Even bigger discounts with its Saver Rooms, which start from only £29.
- Online exclusive offer of FREE breakfast for two kids with a paying adult for all-you-can-eat breakfast.
Luxury for less: mid-range hotels
If you’d like something beyond the budget range of hotel options, it is possible to secure a touch of luxury at an affordable price.
For example, Hotels.com has a dedicated selection of mid-range hotel chains, boutique hotels and B&Bs in London. Additional benefits of using Hotels.com include:
- Hundreds of accommodation options listed, so you can compare prices and locations.
- Check out the reviews before making your booking.
- No cancellation fees.
Bargain secret hotel deals for families
Some discount hotel booking sites offer a ‘secret escape’ option to save even more money. When booking a secret escape, you are just given the basic details about the hotel (such as its location, facilities and star rating) but you are not told exactly which hotel it is until after you have made your booking.
(Hotels offer these ‘secret discounts’ because they want to fill their rooms, but they DON’T want to advertise the fact that they offer discounts that people could find just by Googling the hotel – hence these the ‘secret’ savings!)
- Rooms are heavily discounted – anything up to HALF PRICE OR MORE
- Bag a secret booking at 4* and 5* hotels
Remember though that secret escapes are unlikely to be available during peak times, such as Saturday nights or during special events like New Year’s Eve. Of course, you never know your luck, though, so why not give it a go!
Top Secret Hotel Deals in London from Lastminute.com
Lastminute.com has a special page dedicated to Secret Hotel Deals, where you can choose a four or five-star hotel based on price and location, and then find out which hotel you’ve scored once your booking is finalised:
- Top London hotels from less than £50 per night.
- Rooms are priced at up to 35% less than anywhere else.
Secret Escapes London hotel offers
As the name suggests, Secret Escapes is a specialist site dedicated to providing secret hotel and holiday deals. You have to become a member to access the deals, but once your membership is approved, there are BIG savings to be had:
- Save up to 70% off luxury hotels.
- Exclusive deals and discounts.
- It’s FREE to become a member – all you need is an email address to enjoy your discounts.
Family hotels in London Theatreland
One of the most popular reasons for staying overnight in London is to catch a performance with the kids at one of the many theatres for which London is renowned. And most are concentrated in the popular West End.
View London Theatreland in a larger map
Because of the area’s popularity and the demand for hotels in the area, you should expect to pay a bit more than elsewhere in London – although we’ve still found plenty of deals on family friendly hotels in London to help you budget your stay.
Premier Inn Family Rooms from £69!
Premier Inn has family friendly hotel rooms available from £69, including:
- Premier Inn Leicester Square, where you and your family can stay in the heart of London’s busy theatre district from £99.
- Premier Inn London County Hall (next to London Waterloo station and the London Eye) with rooms from £69.
- Premier Inn London Waterloo (next Westminster Bridge and a short walk to most theatres), which has rooms available from £79.
- Premier Inn London Victoria (for theatres based in Victoria), where rooms start from £69.
London Theatreland Family Hotel Offers from Expedia
Expedia has a dedicated page of hotel deals for London’s Theatreland, with a great range to choose from and prices to suit every budget:
- Save 15% or more on your hotel bookings.
- See ratings from previous guests.
- No cancellation fees on virtually all bookings made with Expedia.
- If you have a Nectar card, you can collect bonus Nectar points when booking through Expedia.
Family travel to London
As a general rule, driving into London with the family in tow may not be the best idea. The traffic can be a nightmare, parking is expensive (and does not always come included in the price of your hotel room) and in addition, you will have to pay the congestion tax if travelling into the city centre.
The best way to travel into London is using public transport, and there are cheap transport tickets to London available if you know where to look:
Family train ticket deals to London with Virgin Trains
Virgin Trains have some brilliant offers to make your family travel to London as stress-free and cheap as possible! They’ve got kids’ activity tables in selected waiting rooms, fun VKids activity bags and baby changing facilities on board.
Unlike other train ticket websites, Virgin Trains has:
- No credit or debit card charges
- No booking fees
Plus when you book online and in advance (especially with a Family & Friends railcard for 1/3 off adult fairs and 60% off child fares) you’ll get cut-price deals that are not to be missed!
There are a number of major railway terminals in London, including Victoria, Waterloo and Kings Cross stations, which are a hub for trains travelling to destinations UK-wide. Take note, however, that it is considerably more expensive to travel into London during peak hour (before 10am and between 4pm and 7pm) on weekdays, not to mention crowded.
Coach deals from National Express
Alternatively, National Express operate coach services to London from across the UK:
- Hundreds of pick-up destinations.
- You’ll always get a seat as tickets are pre-booked online.
- Coach travel often works out considerably cheaper than train travel.
Other deals and discounts
Once you have booked your accommodation and train travel, the next step will, of course, be to plan fun activities for the family! MyFamilyClub can help you save money with this too – see our previous articles on cheap days out in London and discount London theatre tickets for families.
We hope you enjoyed our guide to family friendly hotels in London and found a great value deal to suit you! Leave a comment below to let us know what you thought!