Now we are hitting the run up to summer, it’s time to start thinking about our summer holidays. Whether you had yours booked since last year or waiting for some last minute deals, planning a family holiday can be quite a task. Luckily My Voucher Codes and Thomson Holidays have teamed together to share their top travel tips and their best deals for families this summer.
Travelling with young children isn’t easy, however if you plan ahead and travel prepared, you should be able to avoid tantrums, and meltdowns and relax a bit more on holiday.
Check out the video for helpful tips for booking the right resort, making flying with children a breeze and of course making memories.
Want to get involved, then you can share your tips with #MVCxThomson on Twitter and Facebook.
- Plan your holiday together as a family.
- Book and pay for excursions before hand.
- Pack your children’s favourite toys, books or games.
- If taking mobile phones and tablets ensure you have chargers and correct plugs.
- When you book your flights, make sure you book your seats in advance so you can all sit together – To check with tour operator on procedure.
- Pack snacks for younger children, just in case they don’t like the air plane food on offer.
Hotels and Resorts
- Opt for apartments or suites if you feel you need more space so you’re not all cramped in one room.
- Check out the resort online before you go, finding out what amenities are on offer and how easy it is to get around..
Eating and drinking
- Encourage your children to try new foods as a family.
- Fill up on free breakfasts if included with your accommodation.
- Getting the perfect family pictures, head to tourist hot-spots early.
- Disposable cameras, or ones designed for children, help them make their own memories.
- Check for free days at museums and other tourist sites.
- When out and about try to always take public transport as it will be cheaper than local taxis.
- Pack a mini medical kit: Plasters and blister packs, antihistamine and Calpol.
- Invest in a child tracker device.
No matter what age your children are, holidays do require a lot of planning and preparation. Getting all the family involved will certainly make it easier. Whether you’re travelling somewhere new and exotic or heading back to your favourite resort, follow the tips above and you should find much of your holiday will go off without a hitch. And you can enjoy your family holiday.