Ripe avocados are delicious and even better, provide us with 20 essential nutrients. With no sodium or cholesterol and very low in saturated fat it is indeed a super food. However 1/2 an avocado does contain 137 calories via healthy fats.
Approx cost: £7.05 or £1.76 per portion
Total time: 25 mins
- 250 g Prawns (one pack, defrosted)
- 2 Avocados Raw
- 2 tblsp Mayonnaise
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pack Rocket Leaves (washed)
- 1 Fresh Lime (juice Only)
- 4 Pinches Cracked Pepper
- Slice the avocados in half. Scoop out the flesh after discarding the seed/core inside, leave the skin intact. Chop up the flesh.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, mix the tomatoes, rocket, avocado, carrots and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into avocado shells, cover in cling film, chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve with salads and cous cous or rice dish.
- For a change – mix in a tin of tuna chunks instead of the prawns.