Cheap, cheerful and very nutritious. The simple egg is balanced nutritionally and the beans add fibre and roughage. A good quick meal of baked bean and cheese omelette on your return from a day out or to fill you up just before an exciting outing. Serve with a salad using up ingredients from the shopping list.
Total time: 12 minutes
Baked Bean And Cheese Omelette
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 pinch of seasoning
- 1 tin beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp milk
- Make omelette by mixing the eggs, seasoning and milk
- Heat the pan, melt butter and pour in egg mix
- Stir gently in pan until egg is nearly cooked, add cheese, leave to melt for a few minutes
- Finish cooking under the grill or in a preheated oven for 3 minutes. Spoon warm beans onto omelette
- Fold omelette in half and slide onto a warm plate. Serve with a green salad
- Repeat 3 times
Why not check out our other delicious recipes? Have a peek at our kitchen and recipes section to find the latest breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. You don’t need to break the bank when you cook for the family, just follow some of our handy tips to find out how you could slash your weekly shopping expenses!