A little treat now and then is always welcome. Banoffee pie uses up bananas and food store cupboard ingredients.
Any type of biscuit is recommended. To reduce the cost of energy boil at least two tins of condensed milk at a time and store marked with an X, unopened the filling lasts forever.
Total time: 150 minutes
- 350 g digestive biscuits crushed
- 400 g condensed milk (1 tin)
- 3 bananas
- 150 g butter melted
- 300 ml cream whipping (1 carton)
- Combine biscuit crumb with melted butter
- Press into a greased flat bottom cake tin 8 or 9”. leave to harden in the fridge. 15 minutes
- Slice bananas onto biscuit base
- Cover with boiled condensed milk
- Decorate with cream
- For entertaining, make 6 tartlets making sure to press the biscuit crumb up the sides of each loose bottom tartlet tin