This recipe serves 4-6 people and is a real family favourite. Freeze any leftovers, or reheat for lunch the next day.
500g beef mince
1 Red onion
1 Red pepper
Clove of garlic
Jar of white sauce
Lea and Perrins
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C / 375°F. Chop onion, garlic and red pepper and cherry tomatoes.
- Cut up bacon into small pieces. Drizzle of olive oil and fry all together in large pot.
- Add beef mince.
- Add 1 oxo cube to 100-150ml of boiling water.
- Pour into pot and stir.
- Add a generous squirt of tomato puree.
- Add a dash of lea and perrins.
- Add 2 large table spoons of tomato sauce.
- Salt and ground pepper to season
- Sprinkle in the Oregano then let simmer.
- Grate the cheese
- Strain mince and then place into square dish for first layer of meat.
- Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Pour over white sauce nd a sprinkle of cheese.
- Add second layer of meat.
- Add top layer of lasagne sheets.
- Cover with white sauce, and the rest of grated cheese.
- Place in oven for 30-40minutes until bubbling.
- Keep warm and serve with fresh green salad and garlic bread.