A simple yet delicious meal that can be prepared quickly at the end of a busy day.
Approx price: £2.78 or 69p per portion
Total time: 30 minutes
- 200g pasta (spaghetti or tagliatelle)
- 100g bacon (pancetta, onions or mushrooms)
- 50g cheese (Grated)
- 50g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil a large saucepan of salted water. Add the pasta to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the diced bacon (or alternatives) in a frying pan until cooked.
- Beat the eggs well.
- Drain the pasta keeping 2 tblsp spoons of the water.
- Place the pasta into the frying pan.
- Add the eggs and cheese, using tongs quickly coat the spaghetti with the egg and cheese. The egg will cook and cheese melt to create a sauce. If the spaghetti is too hot it could scramble the egg. Add the water if the spaghetti is sticking together.
- Serve immediately.