Normally I make this soup if I have some cauliflower left after dinner. Fresh cauliflower can be used, obviously it will take a little longer to cook, otherwise follow the instructions directly.
Total time: 20 minutes
- 100g cheddar cheese (low fat if prefered)
- 500ml skimmed milk (low fat can also be used)
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 400g cauliflower (approximately) cooked
- Place the cauliflower in a saucepan, cover with enough milk and stock to cover 2 cms above the cauliflower
- Bring to boil, turn down heat and reheat cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, stir until melted
- Blitz until completely smooth
- Check consistency
- Alter if necessary by adding more stock and milk if its too thick or add 2 tablespoons cornflour to 6tsp milk to make a paste
- Add paste to the soup, stir, bring to the boil. This should be enough to thicken the soup. If not repeat
- Taste and season as you prefer (normally I do not add any seasoning.) Serve hot
- Tip: Add 2 tsp curry paste to make a delicious spicey flavoured soup