A refreshing combination of celery, grapes, peppers, carrots, walnuts and dried cranberries all dressed with your choice of salad dressing or a squeeze of lime juice. Combined, these ingredients provide a powerful punch for general wellness, good skin and extra energy.
Approx total cost: £2.98 or 75p per portion*
Total time: 20 mins
- 50g cranberries (dried)
- 1 bunch grapes (small washed)
- 1 sweet yellow pepper (washed, de-seeded and diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled – 1 grated, 1 cut into sticks)
- 3 stalks celery (washed and sliced, include leaves)
- Half lettuce
- 50g walnuts
- Prepare all ingredients as stated.
- Assemble the salad by placing the carrots in a mound on the middle of a flat plate.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together except for the nuts and cranberries.
- Arrange the mixed salad around the mound of grated carrots, and scatter with nuts and cranberries.
- Drizzle with your favourite homemade dressing. Perhaps try a minty yoghurt diluted with a little water to get the right consistency for dribbling.
*(prices correct at time of publication – supermarket offers and prices may vary)