Delicious fresh ingredients used for this fresh, crisp and vibrant salad that’s full of flavour – great for a lunch or simple supper. A very clever use of oats if we do say so ourselves. Enjoy!
How many does it serve? 4
What is the prep time? 20 minutes
What is the cooking time? 30 minutes
What you need:
- 100g (31/2oz) White’s Jumbo Organic Oats
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. reduced salt soy sauce
- 25g (1oz) salted peanuts, finely ground
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 1 lime – finely grated rind and juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cooked skinless roast chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 romaine lettuce, trimmed and torn onto pieces
- 1 large handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 small fat red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 160*C/fan oven 140*C/Gas mark 3. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Mix together the oats, olive oil, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and peanuts until well combined. Spread out onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once during cooking until golden brown. Allow to cool completely and then break into pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together the fish sauce, lime rind and juice and caster sugar. Toss in the shredded chicken, lettuce, coriander, red onion, cucumber and carrot to evenly coat. Pile onto a serving plate.
- Scatter the savoury granola and red chilli (if using) over the salad and serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: Store the savoury granola in an airtight jar and use within 1 week.