Deliciously light, fluffy cupcakes. You can experiment with this recipe to make all sorts of different flavoured cupcakes. Remember to only fill the cases half full as they can overflow as they rise!
Total time: 25 minutes
Light And Fluffy Cupcakes
- 150g butter
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (level)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g icing sugar
- Oven Temperature: 325ºF – 160ºC – Gas Mark 3 – Moderate
- Place cake cases in the patty tins
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly for 3 minutes on high if using a mixer and for 5 minutes if mixing by hand
- Using an ice-cream scoop (with movable bar) scoop mixture into each cake case, fill only 1/2 full. make sure each cake case is equally filled
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown
- Remove from oven and patty tin and cool on a wire rack
- Spread each cake with glace icing (icing sugar mixed with a little hot water). Decorate as required.
There you have it! Delicious fluffy cupcakes. The fun doesn’t stop there, though! Check out the rest of our MyFamilyClub Budget Baking series for great ideas for snacks, treats, and desserts:
If your sweet tooth still isn’t satisfied give these awesome recipes a try:
5 Horror-Inspired Cakes and Biscuits That Your Kids Will Love
9 Naughty Nutella Recipes You Will Love
6 Moorish Mug Cake Recipes You Can Bake In Minutes
5 Alternative Pancake Recipes That You Simply Have To Try!
Five Fabulous Funfetti Recipes To Get Your Sprinkle On