Fish is a great source of protein, which is needed for the growth of all the tissues of our body. To make these home made fish fingers we suggest to use semolina: it is quicker, crunchier and it absorbs less oil, so it is healthier for you and the family.
Total price: £5.83 or £1.45 per portion.
Total time: 27 mins
- 500g of white fish (skinned and boned)
- 1/2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 30g of plain flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 100g of semolina
- Marinade fish in lemon juice and zest between 15 minutes and 1 hour.
- Cut up the fish into fingers.
- Coat in flour, shake off excess.
- Dip in egg and then in the semolina.
- Shallow or deep fat fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges or sweet chilli sauce.