White fish such as haddock, whiting, coley, cod etc contrast nicely with the chorizo and tomatoes to make a striking nutritious dish. Serve with wilted spinach.
Approx total cost: £5.99 or £1.50 per portion*
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 white fish (portions)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 400 mls vegetable stock (or fish)
- 6 slices chorizo (or spicy sausage)
- 400 g butter beans (can & drained)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Oven Temperature: 325ºF – 160ºC – Gas Mark 3 – Moderate
- Make the cassoulet by frying the onions and chopped chorizo in hot olive oil in a frying pan
- Fry for 3-5 minutes, stirring all the time
- Add the tomatoes, fry until they begin to break up
- Add the beans and stock. Stir, Bring to the boil. Taste, season if necessary.
- Place the fish gently on top of the cassoulet. season the fish. Place a lid on the pan. Cook gently for 10-15 minutes
- Alternatively pour the cassoulet into a shallow earthenware container, place the seasoned fish on top. Cover with foil and bake in a moderate hot oven for 20 minutes
- Serve hot with green beams or wilted spinach.
*(prices correct at time of publication – supermarket offers and prices may vary)