Much healthier than the bought variety. Use cold as a topping for burgers and sausages or as pizza sauce or hot with pasta. I always make a batch and freeze half of it.
Total time: 22 mins
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (diced)
- ½ teaspoon of herbs (mixed)
- 1 tablespoon of live oil
- 1 pinch seasoning
- Sweat diced onion and garlic in the oil.
- Add mixed herbs, seasoning and chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Blitz in a food processor or hand blender whilst hot.
- Taste and season again as required. Serve hot or cold. Alternatively use to cover a pizza base.
- Add hot water to make a thinner consistency if preferred