Traditional Lamb Koftas are simple meatballs with spices added to create Eastern flavours. Koftas can be made using pork, beef, turkey or chicken mince and are simple to make as well as delicious.
Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes or better still I often make them the night before as it fits my time schedule much better. Alternatively purchase 80% – 100% lamb or speciality pork sausages if they are a great deal cheaper.
Total time: 35 minutes
- 350 g lamb mince
- 50 g bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 medium egg (beaten lightly)
- Oven Temperature: 375ºF – 190ºC – Gas Mark 5 – Moderately hot
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir well
- With wet hand divide the mixture into 12, shape each into thick 12cm mini sausages or mini burgers
- Leave in refridgerator for at least one hour.
- Place on a greased baking tray. Bake in the pre heated oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve traditionally with with a salad and yoghurt and mint dressing or on a colder day with home made potato wedges, vegetables of your choice and a spicy dip.