This is a very simple soup to make the day before to save you time on Christmas day.
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion
- 225 ml milk
- 500 g potatoes
- 500 g leeks roughly 4 leeks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly, trim the leeks and peel the potatoes
- Chop the leeks and onion finely and cut the potatoes into small cubes
- Melt the butter in a pan then add leeks, onions and potatoes. Add the cornflour, stir into vegatables
- Add the stock and milk, stir and cook for another 20 minutes until the potatoes are softened and cooked through
- The soup is now finished, you can blend if you prefer a smooth soup or leave it as it is for a more rusitc feel
- Taste, season if required. Serve with croutons and a dash of cream on special occasions.