Leftover turkey should be eaten within 48 hours. An hour on Boxing Day will sort out the next three meals safely, downsizing the cost of Christmas food while creating some delicious meals.
Remove all the turkey meat from the bone today if you haven’t already done so. Keep the biggest slices for the Boxing Day recipe and the rest for the sweet and sour stir fry. Now’s the time also to boil the bones to make the broth.
Total time: 30mins
- 6 cooked turkey slices
- 6 tablespoon lemon and thyme stuffing
- 400mls turkey or chicken stock
- Oven Temperature: 325ºF – 160ºC – Gas Mark 3 – Moderate
- Sandwich the stuffing between a slice of turkey
- Repeat 5 times
- Place the portions in a roasting tin
- Pour over the stock
- Cover the roasting tin with cling film and then foil
- Place in the preheated oven for approx 15 – 20 minutes until the portions are reheated throughout
- Serve with reheated vegetables, gravy and cranberry sauce.