When I am feeling particularly lazy and in need of a bit of a carb free feast, I use this recipe to nourish and deliver on flavour. I absolutely love the colours in this meal and because the garlic is roasted whole, it loses it pungent flavour and has a deep, mellow taste which works brilliantly with the roasted tomatoes.
I am going to base this recipe on feeding x 2 as it makes quite a lot and my children only pick at the fish and tomatoes on my plate.
- 3 x tilapia fillets (you could use a cheaper alternative of salmon or coley)
- Bunch of large asparagus – 8-10 sticks
- Vine tomatoes or cherry tomatoes – roughly 6 tomatoes each should suffice
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- Bunch of coriander
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Fish seasoning (which can be found in the spice rack in any food store)
- An optional extra is Haloumi cheese which adds another dimension to the flavours and also has a filling and meaty texture.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (190 C)
- Rub the fish on both sides with the fish seasoning
- Take one casserole or roasting dish
- Place the fish in the dish with the garlic bulb, asparagus and tomatoes
- If adding Haloumi cheese, place the thinly sliced Haloumi over the fish
- Add chopped coriander
- Drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice over the ingredients and season
- Pop it into the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes
It’s ready to eat, and it’s delicious and extremely healthy. My husband was away recently and due to laziness and the kids eating something different I actually had this three nights in a row and still didn’t get bored. I guess you are wondering why I have a furry hippo and lion next to my meal, you’ll need to read the Chessington blog to find out.