Most people keep a bag of frozen peas in the freezer, why not turn it into this delicious puree instead of serving up plain old peas?
Approx price: £1.47 or 25p per portion
Total Time: 17 mins
- 1 pack frozen green peas (small)
- 4 scallions (or spring onions)
- 15g of butter
- 1 tablespoon Creme Fraiche (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan (use spray oil if you prefer).
- Wash and finely chop the spring onions.
- Add the peas and the onions into the melted butter. Stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes, with a lid on the pan. Turn of the heat and leave for 5 – 7 minutes.
- When soft and cooked mash with a fork or use a stick blender to make a puree.
- Stir in the Creme Fraiche (optional).