This recipe serves four and is a great brunch recipe the whole family will love. It is quick and simple to make but tastes delicious.
1-2 large eggs per person (depending on how hungry your little ones get)
1-2 Slices of wholemeal bread per person
Young leaf spinach (300g)
Mushrooms, cut into small chunks or slices (150g)
Cheddar cheese, grated
- Poach the eggs for 3-5 minutes depending on desired consistency, checking the tops with a knife every so often.
- Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in a pan and stir occasionally so it doesn’t get stuck to the sides.
- Also place the bread under a grill.
- Once the bread is toasted on one side, scatter the mushrooms on top of the bread and drizzle a little olive oil on top.
- Put back under the grill for a minute or so.
- When the toast, eggs and spinach are done, take the eggs and serve on top of the toast (run a knife around the edge of the poaching dish and it should just slide out).
- Strain the spinach with a wooden spoon and serve on the side of the plate.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and season to taste with pepper.