This recipe can be used as a Sunday dinner, and it is cooked in just 35 minutes. Serve with twice cooked potatoes, spring greens, gravy and of course our favourite traditional apple sauce.
Approx price: £7.96 or £1.99 per portion
Total time: 35 mins
- 6 rooster potatoes (peeled and cut in half)
- 4 carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 spring green cabbage (washed and shredded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cooking apples (peeled, cored and cubed)
- 30 g sugar
- 30 g flour
- 500 mls beef stock (or chicken or vegetable)
- Place the potatoes onto boil for 20 minutes in slightly salted water, halfway through, place steamer on top of the saucepan and carrots and cabbage.
- In the meantime, heat a frying pan, add the oil. Slice off most of the fat off the chops. Season the pork chops,add to the frying pan. Turn once when brown underneath. Turn down heat.
- Whilst the onions and chops are cooking, place the prepared apple in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water. Cook until soft, stirring a few times. Add the sugar and stir. Keep warm.
- Drain the potatoes, keep the carrots and cabbage warm. Add the potatoes to the pork chops, turn until they are brown and glazed. Remove the chops and potatoes. Keep warm.
- Finally, quickly add the flour to the onions and stir in. Add the stock a little at a time, stirring. Bring to boil for 3 -4 minutes.
- Serve immediately on hot plates.