If you haven’t time to make your own pizza base use a sheet of puff pastry as I have in this recipe. Use a jar of passata and top with anything that you need using up in the fridge especially cheese and any fresh ingredients such as tomatoes, onions.
Serve again with ‘Dip in Dip Out ‘ Salad, a simple dressing and left over salad potatoes which have been cut into quarters, placed on a baking sheet, sprayed with oil, sprinkled with a little sea salt, crushed black pepper and dry rosemary or thyme. Baked for 20 minutes in a hot oven along with the pizza.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 Puff pastry frozen
- 2 cup tomato passata
- 1 small onion
- 130 g cheese mozzarella lowfat
- 2 tomato
- Oven Temperature: 375F – 190C – Gas Mark 5 – Moderately hot
- Take your sheet of defrosted pastry and lay out flat on a lightly floured surface
- Lightly mark a border of about an inch and a half around entire square
- Spread your tomato passata inside the square avoiding the border, and then load on any ingredients that you wish
- Finish with cheese, and a good sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 minutes, top with torn basil and serve!
- (May take a little longer to cook if you have lots of toppings)