Easy, quick and nutritious. This one of my saving graces on a busy week day. Replace chickpeas with a tin of Heinz baked beans and omit the chicken as the protein is sufficient between the cheese and beans. Blitz the soup if you prefer a smooth soup.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 400g chickpeas (1tin) (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pinch seasoning
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 litre water
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 chicken stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian)
- Saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Stir in all ingredients.
- Bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust with seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with cheese toasties.