This a great tasty recipe for using up cooked salmon or smoked salmon. You can flake leftover salmon and freeze until you need it for this recipe. Add some fresh spinach leaves at the same time as the milk.
Approx price: £4.5 or £1.12 per portion
Total time: 30 mins
- 200g of pasta (tagliatelle)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and diced finely)
- 170g of salmon (cooked or smoked salmon)
- 400 mililiters milk (low fat)
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Cook the tagliatelle into a pot of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Add the diced onions, fry for 3 minutes. Add the flaked or diced salmon, stir.
- Add the milk, make sure to leave 2 tablespoons for the sauce. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with your leftover milk.
- Add to the pan with salmon and milk. Stir well until the sauce thickens.
- Add the butter, stir gently and season after tasting.
- Drain the pasta. Place back in the pan and add the sauce, stir gently.
- Serve on warm plates.