We all love a pizza, this one is no exception. A thin scone base, topped with a very simple tomato sauce and cheese. You can use leftover bits and pieces from the kitchen like onions, ham, peppers and eggs.
Approx price: £5.04 or £1.26 per portion
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs (optional)
- 150g plain flour (sieved or 50% wholewheat Flour)
- 20g baking powder
- 30g butter
- 75 mls milk (approx)
- 200g cheese mozzarella low sodium (any cheese you want to use up is fine)
- Oven Temperature: 375ºF – 190ºC – Gas Mark 5 – Moderately hot
- Start off by making the tomato sauce. To do this place the tomatoes, garlic herbs and sugar in a saucepan, bring to boil, simmer for 3 – 5 minutes to reduce the liquid. Taste and season. The sauce can be blitzed with a hand blender or left as it is.
- Leave to cool.
- To make the scone base, sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, rub in the butter until it appears like fine breadcrumbs. Add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- On a table scattered with semolina or flour, press the scone into a round pizza as big as you want and as thin as you want.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza base, add the cheese in thin slices. Season with herbs and pinch of salt and pepper. Top with ingredients that you may have in the kitchen.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes for thin bases and 20 for thicker base.