Quinoa is an excellent replacement for animal protein, and packed with nutrients. This dish is quick to prepare, wholesome, filling and exquisite.
Approx price: £4.63 or £1.15 per portion
Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (de-seeded and finely sliced or diced)
- 1 pack of whole green beans (cut into 3cm lengths)
- 4 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 carrots (grated)
- 1 bunch parsley (choppedncoarsely)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 2 teaspoon of light soya sauce
- 3 teaspoon of honey
- 200g of quinoa cooked
- Prepare all the ingredients according to the list before. It is important to do the prep before stir frying, otherwise the vegetables will get soggy.
- Heat the oil in a large wok, add the onions and cook until soft, add the peppers and beans and stir fry over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots, stir fry for a further minute or two.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, keeping back some of the parsley. Stir quickly over high heat.
- Serve in warm bowls or on plates, garnished with the rest of the chopped parsley.
- To cook the quinoa: first measure the quinoa in a cup. Wash vigorously to remove the bitter flavour.
- Heat a dribble of olive oil in a saucepan. Add the quinoa, fry for 2 minutes whilst stirring. Add double the amount of stock to the quinoa.
- Bring to the boil and cook on a simmer for 20 minutes.