A delicious treat to enjoy now and again. Pour over ice cream or serve with sticky toffee Christmas pudding.
Approx price: £5.5 or 65p per portion
Time: 15 mins
- 50g of butter (unsalted) (use low fat option)
- 3 teaspoons of cornflour (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of Brandy (optional)
- 200 mls of single cream
- 50g of Demerara sugar
- Into a saucepan, add sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. It can boil over, so keep watching.
- Mix the cornflour (optional – makes a thicker sauce) with the brandy. Add to the simmering liquid. Stir continuously until thickened.