An easy, economical dish that the whole family can enjoy. Use leftovers if you have them, if not it’s still super cheap to make from scratch.
Approx price: £5.15 or £1.29 per portion
Total time: 45 minutes
- 200 mls milk
- 4 cloves
- 50g cornflour (level)
- 200 mls chicken stock
- 2 slices turkey breast (diced)
- 4 slices ham
- 6 mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 100g cheese (grated)
- To make sauce – Add 4 tblsp of milk into a jug to be used later in the recipe. Boil remaining milk in a saucepan with cloves
- Mix the cornflour with the cold milk .
- Add hot milk and the chicken stock. Stir, return to heat and cook for 4 minutes. Remove cloves.
- Cube turkey and ham.
- Saute mushrooms in a frying pan, add to the sauce. Add ham and turkey. Stir
- Place mixture into an oven proof dish. Top with hot mashed potatoes. Fluff up with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Place in a hot oven or under a grill until golden brown and piping hot.
- Serve with leftover vegetables.