This is a delicious recipe from Caroline Marson to use up leftover turkey and ham after the Christmas festivities. It works really well on Boxing Day along with other salads and baked potatoes.
- Approx. 250g cooked ham, sliced into pieces
- Approx. 250g leftover turkey, sliced into pieces
- ½ cucumber
- 1 large ripe mango
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 150ml vegetable oil
- handful of coriander sprigs (parley will do if you don’t have any coriander)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- A pinch of Salt
- Black pepper
- Halve the cucumber lengthways, then carefully remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice the cucumber flesh into thin slices.
- Cut down either side of the mango stone. Cut away the flesh from the skin and place in a food processor, along with the grated lime or lemon and strained juice. Whizz and whilst the motor is running add the oil until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour the prepared mango dressing into a large bowl. Add the turkey and ham, cucumber, coriander and finely chopped spring onions and season to taste.