A cheap, nutritious, delicious meal. This is my favourite leftover recipe as you can use up cooked and uncooked vegetables to make this wholesome meal. A favourite ‘takeaway’ meal which can be made faster than the trip to your nearest takeaway.
Choose the type of curry paste according to type of the curry the family enjoy. The amount of paste is approximate so use and taste as you cook. I usually use Korma or Balti paste.
Approx total cost: £6.66 or £1.67 per portion*
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon curry paste
- 400 mls vegetable stock
- 450 g potatoes
- 2 carrots (large)
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoon coriander (chopped)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Peel and chop onions and all other vegetables into medium size cubes
- Place the oil in a large saucepan to heat, add onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in your chosen curry paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add stock, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and cauliflower.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 25 minutes. Cook the rice to instructions on the packet.
- Add chopped coriander to serve
* (Supermarket offers and prices may vary)